Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basically an away game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,022

Basically an away game?

Dec 27, 2016, 8:36 PM

If the Fiesta Bowl is sold out, and tickets are left in Clemson's allotment, does this make the game a defacto home game for OSU?

I'd rather have our team prepped for that than expecting to have the majority of fans in tge stands.

Thoughts or info?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basically an away game?

Dec 27, 2016, 8:48 PM

I think it will be about 70 percent Ohio State, 20 Clemson and 10 neutral

Lots of people migrated from Ohio to Phoenix. No reason to

Dec 27, 2016, 8:53 PM

stay in Ohio.

When I lived in Phoenix, I was surprised by all the Ohio license plates on cars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of people migrated from Ohio to Phoenix. No reason to

Dec 28, 2016, 12:44 AM

Yuck, stop doing the classic "I've seen so many _____ license plates in city X!"

Anyone who lives in Arizona will have AZ plates in no time. There's no doubt Ohio has a gigantic presence out there, and we're going to be in the vast majority in the crowd, but at least don't be a hack. They have a HUGE fanbase. Much bigger than we could ever want really, but that's our situation. I'll be there in Glendale, cheering my balls off. Can't wait, but there's no doubt we're going to be in the minority there.

Dec 28, 2016, 12:15 AM

If so shame on us! And I do not want to hear any complaining about losing. I will be there. But I will note that I did not buy from the Clemson allotment. So I am going to say it will be 60 - 40. Otherwise freaking embarrassing turnout by the "fans".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would expect around 15K Tiger fans- which would not

Dec 28, 2016, 1:15 AM

be embarrassing at all. Heck, 1/2-2/3 that would be pretty remarkable given our school size, proximity, semi-final on NYE, and and the fact we've had 2 conference championships, a semi in the orange bowl, a national championship game in phoenix, and a possible NC game in Tampa in a span of 13 mos. The same folks don't have the $ or time to do all those- it becomes a choice. We don't have the alumni/fans in #s that an OSU has. Passion, yes, but not the #s. They have probably 5-10x's the size fanbase we do possibly quite a bit larger than that. If they had as many big games as us in that span, each of their fans could go to just one and they'd have 30K at every one. Yet the only trip they have made in that span is a Sugar Bowl last year. No conference champ game trips, no playoff trips, etc. They have probably 15-20K probably on the ground in Phx that live there that only needed a ticket, no travel cost even involved. I'm sure they are sending another 25K due to pent up demand Look for about 10K neutral that you hope will side with us(some friends we made last year perhaps). I can assure you we will be louder fan for fan than what they have out there but if you think having 15k out there from CU's perspective is embarrassing then you are ignorant to reality.

Dec 28, 2016, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Basically an away game? ]

It's in ARIZONA and we don't all make six figures

...just sayin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Basically an away game? ]

It's not embarrassing considering flights out to anywhere near Phoenix are running around $1K. I desperately would like to go to this game but it's simply unaffordable

Dec 28, 2016, 12:38 AM

Don't matter, they can bring the state. Watson won't be phased.

Dec 28, 2016, 1:42 AM

Here's a thought... we haven't lost an away game since 2014 :)

Cheer up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,022
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic