Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any Chance?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Any Chance?

Sep 16, 2014, 10:10 PM

How many of you are giving us a chance this weekend, honestly?

I swear it seems like 99% of the posts on here give us no chance and that's including the diehards

I get it, the UGA loss took the wind out of our sails, but I think we get it done in Tallahassee against public enemy #1.

Mr. Winston will feel the wrath this year, Jarrett and Vic are coming. I believe our coaches are preaching ball control reminding them of last year and what could have been without stupid mistakes and I really believe this will be a couple of our talented youngsters coming out party.

Going into this game no one is giving us a shot. Seems like those games are the ones we outperform anyway (LSU, OSU come to mind).

Beat #1
On The Road
Tombstone Game
Retake OUR Conference
Gameday
National Audience
Destroy an archrival Heisman Winner's chance to repeat

So Stop Acting Like a Bunch of Pansies!

Don't give up on this team, the players and coaches don't work hard all offseason just to quit after the first two games. Neither should you!

BEAT FSU!
GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have just one question...

Sep 16, 2014, 10:11 PM

who are the diehards?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I have just one question...

Sep 17, 2014, 6:53 AM

Dying hard would be embarrassing for the family, and could lead to a closed casket funeral:) But hopefully someone will call the doctor for you after 4 hours;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Chance?

Sep 16, 2014, 10:14 PM

For the last 3 years, I thought this team was good enough to make a run. I still think they are. It all starts in Tally.

As in

Sep 16, 2014, 10:18 PM

Dumb and Dumber Chance... like one in a million or

Like 50 - 50?

Like this?

Sep 16, 2014, 10:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

I think we have a chance! That being said it will be

Sep 16, 2014, 10:20 PM

a very tall order beating FSU you on the road. They're a very talented team and they play very well at home. The key will be how we handle things when they get on a roll, if we handle the adversity then we have a chance.

The UGA doesn't effect my feelings about this team. We should have been up by 10 at the half we completely out played them and didn't take advantage of the opportunities we had in the first half. The second half UGA owned field position and we couldn't flip the field and it caught up with us in the 4th quarter. UGA isn't that much better than us and I think we would beat them in Death Valley.

FSU we will need to completely shut down the run and make them a throwing team. Winston isn't a very dangerous runnner, his run against Okla State was not something he will do very often. They don't have the big receiver that can bail Winston out when he just throws it up when he get pressure. I think our D line can shut them down and make it a very close game in the 4th quarter.

Re: I think we have a chance! That being said it will be

Sep 16, 2014, 10:22 PM

I am already having nightmares about Nick Olearly running wild in the our secondary. I just hope we can score more than 17 this time and make it a game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read this site enough to know

Sep 16, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I think we have a chance! That being said it will be ]

who the true fans are. I'm not saying the pumpers are the only diehards. There are plenty on this site that have valid arguments about the coaches and like me can get really fed up when we just don't execute or have silly mistakes such as turning it over on the first play of the game after a great gain (that play haunts me).

The thing I'm having trouble with is the fact that FSU hasn't seemed as dominant this year, we have the talent, we have the motivation, we have the stage and yet everyone seems to think we just shouldn't show up.

Heck we may very well get our ##### handed to us again, but I don't see it happening.

Sep 16, 2014, 10:24 PM

I think it is as simple as being able to run the ball effectively and sticking with the run. Our defense will hold up if they are not left out there for 40 mins.

Sep 16, 2014, 10:34 PM

Run the ball? Yes that would be great, but we can't run the ball effectively all the time, we just aren't that talented at TB. When we run the ball effectively it's, because we do it out of a passing formation and situation and the D is expecting a pass. We do not run the ball well when the D is expecting run.

Watch the UGA game and watch Gurley run there was one play were he hit the hole and then planted and cut back against the field and was down the left sideline, before we could blink. Our backs would have never seen the cut back lane, and if they did they would have be tracked down and tackled before they hit the second level.

All of our current backs seem servicable to me, but none are top flight. We have a small power back in Gallman, but he doesn't appear to have break away speed.

Like this?

Sep 16, 2014, 10:25 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15796903

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many act like FSU are the sons of Anak, eh Rev?

Sep 16, 2014, 10:32 PM

You be Joshua, I'll be Caleb.

Let's go take the land flowing with milk and honey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Rev

Sep 16, 2014, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Like this? ]

I can always count on you, hence why I put 99%

Go Tigers!

Sep 17, 2014, 3:08 AM

Amen bro. Stwcu!! My new organization to raise money. Like iptay. Stop the whining Clemson University!!

My Friend, not once in 50 years have I ever ceded a game

Sep 17, 2014, 5:49 AM

before it's played despite the odds or mouthings of prognosticators.

I have no intention of starting now. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.... +1.***

Sep 17, 2014, 5:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Good Morning my good Friend! I'm planning on a

Sep 17, 2014, 5:59 AM

special breakfast this morning of shredded raw iron.

Goes a long way of steeling the nerves. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Good Morning my good Friend! I'm planning on a

Sep 17, 2014, 6:15 AM

I simply maintain that if we are successful in all three phases of the game and we limit or nullify turning the ball over then we have every reason to expect a win Saturday night against the Seminoles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

A TNetter made another good suggestion: boil up a

Sep 17, 2014, 6:21 AM

bunch of crab legs on the sidelines for distraction.

When it comes to war, nothing is off-limits. lol

Good Morning to you, too, TD23.

Sep 17, 2014, 6:46 AM

Clemson has and will always have a 50/50 chance to win every game they play. It doesn't matter who we play, we will have a chance. And personally I like our chances on Saturday night. I believe that the 20 point under dog dis job raised our chances to about a 70% chance of winning. We have always played better in big under dog games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We certainly have a chance.

Sep 17, 2014, 7:18 AM

To win this game, our OL has to play well, and our backs/TEs have to pick up the blitzes. Do that, and I'd say we have a #### good chance. And of course, not turn it over. That's a given.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic