Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My letter to Coach Brownell.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,469

My letter to Coach Brownell.

Mar 10, 2016, 12:05 AM

I chose to write direct to him instead of anonymously rant on a fan board. I have been a supporter of his and of Clemson basketball. I see progress, but this loss was too frustrating to sweep under the "we are getting better and next year will be better" rug. I expect that he is hurting and he knows what we all know. But I do think he needs to hear the good and bad from Tiger fans. I encourage only respectful communications as it is too easy to be an ####.

Coach Brownell,

Again thanks for coaching the Tigers. This year has been better than expected. However, the preseason expectations were set pretty low. I hope you can change that quickly.

I have been a strong supporter of yours. Defended you to the irrational masses and to the frustrated faithful. Time and time again it has been progress is showing. Next year will be better.

Coach, this loss versus GT in the ACC tournament sits on your shoulders. No, you did not shoot, foul, pass, defend, or turn the ball over. But you also did not control the game when it was needed and your team needed it.

Up 18 with 8:46 to go in game. Everyone knew the run was coming. Any person who has steadily watched ACC basketball knew the run and urgency were going to hit Clemson square in the face. Your team did not look ready.

Your team needed leadership. They needed you and your staff. We all watched the lead slip. How? GT fought harder. Hustled more. Had sense of urgency. As you saw lead slipping, Clemson settling for jumpers, the refs making the game strange, and Clemson making mistakes... It did not look like you were controlling the game but it looked as if the game was controlling you.

Coach, we need more from you. It may be unfair, but it is what it is. This loss needs a face and that face is yours.

So here is a challenge to you: own it, accept it and let Clemson Nation know that you will get it fixed. If that is not your way or not what you think you should do, then you may not be the right coach for this University. Clemson fans will give you leeway when we see passion and plans and progress and potential.

Yes that may seem somewhat unfair. Yes you have done things no other coach at Clemson has accomplished. But at the end of five full years, where is this program really? How are your players developing in terms of in game maturation? How does your team and program manage close games?

This loss and the early preseason losses were not due to youth. They were not due to lack of talent compared to previous years. They were not due to less than average offensively skilled players. They were not due to lack of a returning leading scorer.

Coach, the buck sits at your feet. Fair or not.

Many of us at Clemson want to hear from the coaches. We want to hear about ownership and accountability, and want to see progress and plans for success.

Good luck. Stand tall. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My letter to Coach Brownell.***

Mar 10, 2016, 12:35 AM

That's gotta be the most respectful hate mail I've ever read...

Mar 10, 2016, 12:36 AM

props. You should have thrown a "bless your heart" in there at some point though.

"it is too easy to be an ####" Proven by you.***

Mar 10, 2016, 12:48 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach's email address is easy to find - Why post here?***

Mar 10, 2016, 1:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's arrogant, pompous, and completely unnecessary.

Mar 10, 2016, 4:53 AM

I hope you don't send it. He doesn't need that.

No need to sugarcoat anything.,,

Mar 10, 2016, 6:03 AM

BB is a big boy, he needs to see it and hear about where we are at after 6 years,

This should get things headed in the right right direction.***

Mar 10, 2016, 6:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

How many letters do you get from people you've

Mar 10, 2016, 7:07 AM

never met, and who have never done your job, telling you how you can do your job better?

After last nights debacle....

Mar 10, 2016, 7:46 AM

if CBB still has a job this morning, that will speak volumes about the priority level the administration at Clemson places on men's hoops.

They've already made it abundantly clear that they don't give a **** about wimmins hoops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My letter to Coach Brownell.

Mar 10, 2016, 7:48 AM

I don't feel sorry for Brad one bit he failed.
If they fire him he gets 5 million.
Boo hoo

agree

Mar 10, 2016, 7:53 AM

Mm

JOB WELL DONE! After BB reads this, I'm pretty sure

Mar 10, 2016, 8:00 AM

we win 20 games next year.

Re: JOB WELL DONE! After BB reads this, I'm pretty sure

Mar 10, 2016, 8:23 AM

Don't fire him.. Make him sit in the upper corner of littlejohn everyday and not speak to anyone until he quits. As for whoever gave him that buyout, he out to be fired instantly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic