Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND offense. Compared to Clemson offense.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,268

ND offense. Compared to Clemson offense.

Nov 2, 2020, 10:01 PM

Clemson 7 games 546 plays 3556 yards 6.51 yds/ply 40 Touchdowns 508 yards per game.
Ntr ### 6 games 428 plays 2623 yards 6.13 yds/ply 25 Touchdowns. 437 yards per game.

Keep in mind they have only played(sarcasm warning) "lowly ACC teams too"! Except one game against a very much rebuilding South Florida who I believe played their 1st game here vs ND(not sure on that). Just ACC opponents and their stats aren't as gaudy! Still good; but nothing to write home about.

I think we rise to the occasion. Circle the wagons and show college football Clemson is bigger than one or 5 players we will be without. On the Road no less!

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Pointe Stallions CB's on display here!

Nov 2, 2020, 10:06 PM

Nick McCloud #4 for Notre Dame is a solid CB that transferred away from NC State is starting for the Irish. He will be going up against our #1 WR.
DK will probably start assuming his ankle and (mindset) is good to go Saturday!

Proud of all the Rock Hill kids who went on to FBS and FCS schools! B)ig) T(oe) Potter is another South Pointe Stallion!

Making us proud!

Re: South Pointe Stallions CB's on display here!

Nov 2, 2020, 10:45 PM

DK has not had his speed since he was hurt. Also his finger wag Saturday after giving up a td he could have looked and knocked down was rather silly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 11:01 PM

I agree! He needs to just "play ball"! Let his actions speak more than any gestures or other "outward display"! Just play! Believe it or not he is genuinely a good kid; sometimes he let's his passion hurt him! He has to control that now and not let it control him!
He'll get there!

Nov 3, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: South Pointe Stallions CB's on display here! ]

74TIGER said:

DK has not had his speed since he was hurt. Also his finger wag Saturday after giving up a td he could have looked and knocked down was rather silly

Agree on the finger wag. What made it worse is that he had absolutely nothing to do with the incompletion on that play. He was beat and the receiver wasn't able to pull it in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND offense. Compared to Clemson offense.

Nov 2, 2020, 10:11 PM

Nice analysis, thanks a lot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 11:01 PM

Nice analysis, thanks a lot!

Thank You!

Nov 3, 2020, 11:09 AM

I am more interested to see if:

1 ND's passing defense is up to the challenge. DJ looked sharp against an average passing D. ND (on a stat level) is supposedly as good as us. They actually give up fewer passing TDs but also fewer steal fewer INTs.

2: Our run defense is up to their rushing attack. I think they are going to try and play low and slow. ND is actually ranked higher in their Rush D than us, but allows more yards per carry and faced more pass happy offenses. They do not want Book getting rushed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 1:46 PM

FutureDoc said:

I am more interested to see if:

1 ND's passing defense is up to the challenge. DJ looked sharp against an average passing D. ND (on a stat level) is supposedly as good as us. They actually give up fewer passing TDs but also fewer steal fewer INTs.

2: Our run defense is up to their rushing attack. I think they are going to try and play low and slow. ND is actually ranked higher in their Rush D than us, but allows more yards per carry and faced more pass happy offenses. They do not want Book getting rushed.

Louisville was the most athletic team they have faced - they struggled with Louisville. Pittsburgh game got away from the Panthers b/c they didn't have their starting QB. In their case, their back up isn't an elite 5 star guy like DJU. Pitt also is "stubborn about playing man to man" and stacking the box. Knowing that - you use it against them. Book had a nice day against Pitt!
FSU game looks like the 2nd qtr happened and FSU didn't show up after leading going into the 2nd 17-14. ND scored 21 points and it was pretty much over after that. That was also the game FSU put in the new QB I think.

They can beat us if we aren't on! If we are on our game they have no shot! Not at all. That is not just from the stats mentioned above - but also other game stats and having watched portions of their games.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,268
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic