Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA (LOL) I really don't understand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,689

NCAA (LOL) I really don't understand

May 1, 2012, 5:18 PM

Before the ones say just move on, FYI just move out of the way. I as many are just looking for answers. I was also around and remember 1982. Yes if it can happen to others it can happen to anyone. Someone is going to answer questions of why the NCAA has no standard for probations, because I'm not going to stop asking till they do

"ATLANTA -- The NCAA put Georgia Tech on four years of probation, fined the school $100,000 and stripped its ACC title game victory from the 2009 football season on Thursday for violations that also included problems in the men's basketball program."

"The NCAA said Georgia Tech should have declared receiver Demaryius Thomas ineligible after he accepted $312 worth of clothing in '09 from former Yellow Jackets quarterback Calvin Booker, who was working for a sports agent at the time. But the investigation took a harder turn against the school when athletic director Dan Radakovich broke NCAA rules by alerting Johnson that Thomas and safety Morgan Burnett would soon be interviewed."

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=6769894&type=story

NCAA denies Georgia Tech’s appeal of sanctions
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-gatech-ncaa

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA (LOL) I really don't understand

May 1, 2012, 5:49 PM

You have to understand that NCAA stands for No Clue At all!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet the ncaa is shaking in their boots

May 1, 2012, 6:02 PM

Why would they care about some dude from a message board

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I do agree with ya, but you're fighting a losing battle***

May 1, 2012, 6:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet the ncaa is shaking in their boots

May 1, 2012, 6:43 PM [ in reply to I bet the ncaa is shaking in their boots ]

I understand what you are trying to say, care is no concern worry would be a better word. Thanks to the e-net
I don't have to stand alone, 20 years ago the only way something got around was you had to tell someone else and hope they told someone, now google picks up every thing that is sent or talked about on the net. Yes I'm one barking dog and if I bark loud enough other dogs will join in, there is already talk going around of some checking on what they need to do to leave the control of the NCAA and still survive if anyone wants to google Miami NCAA Probation there are some post that address this. I have always had this view Be Fair, Be Firm, Do it right or don't do it. Anyone think the Tirges got what they should have based on what was said that they did. I'm sort of happy the coots got what they did, because maybe now we all can get the change in the way NCAA looks at violations.

The one best prepared is the one most informed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA- used to rail against them for worry about the

May 1, 2012, 6:10 PM

number of color pages in media guides while letting ND have a national tv contract. I'm over that and on to the great hire of the Miam1 AD who let the Shapiro thing happen as an NCAA enforcement guy. Just amazing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Tech's biggest mistake was/is that they are not in

May 1, 2012, 8:49 PM

the Southeastern Conference, a.k.a "The Untouchables".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA (LOL) I really don't understand

May 1, 2012, 9:30 PM

so many recent college football scandals and so little being done to rectify the various situations,from cam newton to unc to miami to our own beloved dirtpeckers.sadly,with so much money swirling around college fb and bb,there's too much opportunity for corruption.i know i'm a broken record,but it's the ncaa,itself,that should be investigated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,689
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic