Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America

Mar 2, 2016, 7:46 AM

When all this first started, I found myself bewildered that Donald Trump would be a serious candidate. Lately, I have been thinking about this, and I've come to realize that it shouldn't be a surprise. Donald Trump is just a projection of us.

1. Celebrity. America is obsessed with celebrities like never before. With the advent of social media and reality TV, the doors to fame have been swung wide open, even for those with no real talent or contribution to society. Trump himself is a product of the power of celebrity, gaining notoriety with most Americans through his "reality" TV show. In a country where more people know who Kim Kardashian is than John Roberts, why wouldn't Donald Trump be a candidate?

2. Division. The American people are fractured to the extreme. We have been divided and subdivided into groups so that special interests can feed off of us. There is seemingly no desire for people with different political philosophies to compromise and work together to fix problems; we're more concerned with whether the R or the D is winning. In a country this divided, why wouldn't the most divisive person be a candidate?

3. Brashness. There was a day when people still blushed. Even if at home people weren't goodie two-shoes, there used to be more decorum in our public interactions. Today, we no longer are fazed by leaders and authority figures publicly using vulgar language. Things that used to be private are now broadcast willingly for the world to see. In a country where decency is fading fast, why wouldn't the most undecent person be a candidate?

4. Self. This is the generation of me. We post about our lives on social media, we take selfies, we immerse ourselves in our smartphones without attempting human interaction. We go to the polls asking "what is this candidate going to do for me?" In a country where our favorite people are me, myself, and I, why wouldn't a raging egomaniac be a candidate?

5. Godlessness. A lot of people were shocked when Donald Trump said he doesn't need forgiveness from God. I too was surprised someone running for President said that. But this is where we are in America. You've never heard me call the United States a Christian nation, because it isn't. America has increasingly decided it doesn't need God...Trump had the audacity to say it out loud. The rest of us may not say it, but we live our life that way. Now when I think about Trump saying he doesn't need to ask for forgiveness, I think about all the times I say that...not out loud, but in my heart. God help us to realize that self-reliance is a path to destruction, and that God-reliance is the only correct way. This starts with me, then other Christians. In a country that doesn't see the need for God, why wouldn't the most publicly godless candidate be legitimate?

Trump still won't win the general election, so you may say that America will reject him and therefore my post is moot. But a lot of the same things apply to people like Obama and Hillary Clinton, in my opinion. Trump is just the next step in the progression. And if we keep heading down that road, people like Trump will become less and less of a novelty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is caused more by George W Bush than by Obama

Mar 2, 2016, 8:09 AM

And specifically, a totally failed GOP party, run by the legacy Bush designees. That being said, Trump is the wrong solution to our real problems. Talk about leveraging the executive branch.....Bush started it, Obama has carried onward, but wait until you see Trump. It does not matter where the President who abuses power stands on the issues because in the end the issues will not matter.

If you think there's too much power in Washington, Trump or Hillary are not who you want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said, I think Trump is a product of the people

Mar 2, 2016, 8:11 AM

as a whole, not Bush or Obama or any individual like that.

I think that's a misperception

Mar 2, 2016, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Trump is caused more by George W Bush than by Obama ]

It's the whole "familiarity breeds contempt" thing. If Trump were really the fault of George Bush, then why didn't we see anything like Trump in the 8 years immediately following Bush? Why did it take 8 years of an Obama presidency, and 10 years of either a Democrat in the White House or a Democratic Congress for a Trump, to arise?

The supposedly "failed GOP party" is largely a product of the inability of a party that either doesn't have control of the Congress or the presidency to do what they want. It's also a product of many Republican voters having far too high expectations both of politics in general and of any particular party to be perfectly pure. And how much of the "failure" of the GOP, at least electorally, is due to the purists in the party (who now are blaming the GOP "establishment" for the ineffectiveness of the party) nominating candidates who can't win in the general election? If Donald Trump is nominated, these same people will blame the GOP "establishment" for his nomination even though the people being called "establishment" did everything they could to oppose Trump.

Anyway, the main point is that if you want conservative policy success, the way to do that isn't to destroy the GOP as a viable vehicle for electing conservatives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Trump is the wrong solution to our real problems"

Mar 2, 2016, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Trump is caused more by George W Bush than by Obama ]

Who is the right solution??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody is the perfect solution, and that's the point

Mar 2, 2016, 12:05 PM

Too many voters have a kind of narcissistic expectation that a politician or a politics is going to conform to their every wish. I think this is especially the case among the Republican electorate. Part of that might be the fault of Republican emphasis on conservative policy and thinking, which has made its voters more interested in ideology. As people become more and more concerned with specific issues and policy stances, they forget that those issues and policy stances have no chance of affecting the government if the people who can advance them aren't elected. And they forget that even parties in power can't get everything they want.

Rather than looking for a person to be "the right solution," people need to start getting their own lives in order so that there's no excuse to look to the government to solve so many of our problems. And that, I think, was TheProd's point: Trump is just the kind of candidate you would expect for a people so dysfunctional and so irresponsible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preachin' to the chior mcgee

Mar 2, 2016, 12:09 PM

My response was to tiggidy...

Just tired of seeing the lazy posts with people saying "they suck and youre dumb"...

I want to hear what Tig thinks our "real" issues are and who the most-correct solution is for said issues. I dont think I disagree with him... Just want to see who he thinks WILL decrease the scope and power of the federal govt.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post.***

Mar 3, 2016, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Nobody is the perfect solution, and that's the point ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Trump is the wrong solution to our real problems"

Mar 2, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to "Trump is the wrong solution to our real problems" ]

Ronald Reagan

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

... is the right solution to our problems 30 years ago...***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:07 PM

Hillary

Mar 2, 2016, 2:34 PM [ in reply to "Trump is the wrong solution to our real problems" ]

4 years of that shrill harpy and even Geechie might start reading Mein Kampf.

Of the current lot, probably Ben Carson or Ted Cruz***

Mar 2, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to "Trump is the wrong solution to our real problems" ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump is caused more by George W Bush than by Obama

Mar 2, 2016, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Trump is caused more by George W Bush than by Obama ]

Trump is simply the product of a large segment of our populace: an angry, frustrated, intellectually stunted infant in the form of a few million middle-aged white people. They're mad because they don't understand the world around them, and Trump is their cry.

Bush didn't create him, nor did Obama. Trump didn't make Trump. Lots of Americans did.

Re: Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America

Mar 2, 2016, 12:13 PM

Nice post. Even found myself nodding at the Godlessness part, and I'm probably what one would consider that.

I really didn't intend for it to be an accusatory or

Mar 2, 2016, 12:20 PM

judgmental thing. I think it's just a fact. America is increasingly secular (which is a perhaps "nicer" word than "godless").

Re: I really didn't intend for it to be an accusatory or

Mar 2, 2016, 1:01 PM

And I did not perceive it negatively. Like I said, I think it's entirely true in context, and I found it interesting that despite my own beliefs, I thought it aptly helped described the problems with today's society.

You're one of the good guys, and just wanted to say I respect how you go about your business, despite my early trolling attempts in here.

Mar 2, 2016, 1:06 PM

*Just wanted to make sure you knew that I know you didn't view it negatively. I have a habit of just going "stream of consciousness" with my posts, adding more thoughts as I think of them.

Mar 2, 2016, 1:07 PM

gotcha

You two done jerking each other off yet?***

Mar 2, 2016, 1:17 PM

Re: You two done jerking each other off yet?***

Mar 2, 2016, 4:31 PM

Only if he Finnish'd

For me, Godlessness is a compliment.***

Mar 2, 2016, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I really didn't intend for it to be an accusatory or ]

are you calling NASCAR fans rednecks?

Mar 2, 2016, 12:23 PM

Sounds like you're calling neckcar fans rednecks??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was.

Mar 2, 2016, 5:55 PM

I'm not protesting until he calls all rednecks nascar fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'll happen

Mar 2, 2016, 9:00 PM

Things always get out of hand when one way drivers are involved....ALWAYS!!!!

This should go viral.***

Mar 2, 2016, 1:04 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I've been around a long time

Mar 2, 2016, 1:06 PM

probably a decade or two more than you have been, and aside from the growth of social media you mentioned in #1, I don't remember any of those things being the way you have romanticized them out to be.

I can't remember any President or candidate

Mar 2, 2016, 1:10 PM

Whose speeches I would not allow my children (hypothetically) to watch, because of the language.

It's more than just language, too. People are more overtly sexual in their behavior and dress than they have ever been, from my observation.

Surely I believe the increasing secularism in America is obvious. For example, you can look at polls that show belief in God decreasing. We also know church attendance is ever decreasing.

I'm not trying to be mean here

Mar 2, 2016, 1:16 PM

but your observations and opinions on what is acceptable vs what is not would probably not be out of line in a puritan colony. You're probably the furthest most right that you can possibly be and still live in a free society.

Please outline anywhere that I said my personal standards

Mar 2, 2016, 1:20 PM

Should have anything to do with what you or other people are allowed to do? What does what I posted in this thread have to do with peoples' freedom?

I didn't say Donald Trump shouldn't be allowed to use bad language. I said I don't like it. It's a free country...he's allowed to say it, and I'm allowed to not like it.

What are your opinions on homosexual marriage, abortion,

Mar 2, 2016, 2:41 PM

marijuana legalization, and even even alcohol?

All of which are pretty mainstream views

Mar 2, 2016, 2:49 PM

I haven't see Prod calling for prohibition of alcohol.

I'm not sure about that.

Mar 2, 2016, 2:57 PM

Marijuana legalization and the ability to get an abortion seem to be pretty mainstream views to me.

And I have seen Prod say that people shouldn't drink.

If you're trying to say that his (and your) views on many subjects aren't hard right, there's just no way I'll believe that..not at least from what I have read in the past from both of you.

What does this have to do with Trump being acceptable?

Mar 2, 2016, 3:13 PM

Opposing gay marriage, being pro-life, and opposing marijuana legalization are all mainstream views. But none of that has anything to do with what Prodigal posted.

How about actually engaging with what somebody wrote for once instead of trying to disqualify them based on what you think of them personally?

Well if you would actually read my first response to his

Mar 2, 2016, 4:03 PM

thread, you might get it.

He espouses some Norman Rockwell view of America that's never been, and he is saying we deserve someone like Trump because of it.

Laugh at the guy for being a smart ###, tell me he's a buffoon for his foreign policy, or you don't like him because his hair is whacky or he uses fake tanner..but don't make up some romanticized version of America and say that he doesn't like someone because they don't fit that invented narrative --Nobody can fit those qualifications.

Didn't really say anything about what we "deserve"

Mar 2, 2016, 5:05 PM

Just trying to show that I think Trump as a candidate is a reflection of us.

Re: What are your opinions on homosexual marriage, abortion,

Mar 2, 2016, 3:27 PM [ in reply to What are your opinions on homosexual marriage, abortion, ]

. I don't believe in "homosexual marriage". Has never existed, never will.

. I believe children are free to not be slaughtered before being born.

I don't have opinions on marijuana legalization or alcohol prohibition. I do wish people wouldn't partake of either.

This is depressing because nothing you said is false

Mar 2, 2016, 1:28 PM

And nothing you said has anything to do with the Constitution.

Yeah, the angle I was taking was more about

Mar 2, 2016, 1:30 PM

the person, as opposed to the policies, or actual governing. Most of my big issues with Trump don't have much to do with his positions and policies.

Mar 2, 2016, 3:21 PM

It's frustrating to keep reading the same accusations over and over against Trump but no examples to back it up.

What makes you say Trump is the most divisive candidate?

I've watched several of his rallies, interviews, and all the debates and never hear him use foul language.

You call him an egomaniac...ALL of them are egomaniacs.

I wish just one time I would log onto to this forum and see one of you that constantly bash the guy and talk down to the people that support him post a legitimate reason for it....

Mar 2, 2016, 3:30 PM

Trump is divisive because all he does is talk negatively about people who don't agree with him. They all do it (increasingly so, I think driven by Trump himself), but he does it to the extreme.

I have heard Trump use foul language in his stump speeches on numerous occasions. Also heard Cruz do the same once...very disappointing.

All egomaniacs? Maybe...to me, Trump is much more so. Much of his speeches are spent talking about how much people like him and how much he is winning.

Maybe he should be

Mar 2, 2016, 3:40 PM

"stump-broke". Then all the Reps could line up and get a real thrill. Crowed elevators smell different to midgets. ;)

Go all Tigers, don't pick up bad habits from stump-broke Reps.

Mar 2, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America ]

1. Banning Muslims from entering the country is a direct violation of the first amendment.
2. He's very gullible, and often makes terrible judgments such as his birther fascination, vaccine myths, and has often stated publicly that he doesn't fact check his sources.
3. He's repeatedly made racially insensitive statements which seem to blame minorities for crime problems.
4. He seems more interested in self-promotion over any other motive.
5. He claims to be a financial expert, yet has repeatedly gone through bankruptcies and openly admits to gaming bankruptcy laws in his own favor.
6. He would be terrible at arguably the most import skill a president needs. Diplomacy.
7. He's proposed a 25% tariff on China which would likely cause a great economic crisis/trade war.
8. He's a proto-fascist.

Mar 2, 2016, 4:16 PM

1. His motive for doing this is to protect our country, not because he hates Muslims.

3. I would love to see these statements. I've seen multiple African Americans supporting Trump who are a lot closer to his campaign than any of us.

5. The fact that he's had businesses fail doesn't mean he's not a financial expert....the fact that he's a billionaire means he is.

7. Again, he's a billionaire. I trust him more with Americas finances than any of the other candidates and especially you. What do you have a couple thousand in savings? Lol.

Mar 2, 2016, 4:24 PM

1. Still violates constitution.
5. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/29/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-donald-trumps-business-empire/
7. I guess we should all keep our peasant mouths shut.

a lot of things violate the first amendment

Mar 2, 2016, 4:27 PM

til the supreme court says it doesn't

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2016, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America ]

It's amazing that nobody ever calls Cruz a racist. He wants to deport all the illegals and never let them back in. At least trump wants to let them come back if the do it legal.

Still waiting for an example for number 3.

Is it not true that the majority of crimes are comitted by blacks and Hispanics?

I watch the news every night so I know they are.

This is wildly inaccurate.

Mar 2, 2016, 4:33 PM

Mar 3, 2016, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America ]

> Is it not true that the majority of crimes are
> comitted by blacks and Hispanics?
>
> I watch the news every night so I know they are.

Please tell me you're kidding, that this is just a dumb joke. It's sarcasm, right?

Anyway, if not:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

Now multiply the percentage of race factor... I don't have

Mar 3, 2016, 10:58 AM

a dog in the fight but those percentages are total population...

Mar 3, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Donald Trump is the Perfect President for America ]

It's divisive to ban a fifth of the world's population from coming to the U.S. based on their religious affiliation.

It's divisive to imply that Mexican immigrants are dangerous rapists thieves and murderers.

It's divisive to hurl insults at your own party and literally threaten a revolt if he doesn't like their behavior.

It's divisive to incite hatred at all media outlets that criticize him.

Look up the word divisive. Wait... I just Told a Trumpette to look something up. That's like asking a turtle to fly across the room. Silly of me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic