Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kurt Fleming Info
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,399

Kurt Fleming Info

Mar 6, 2014, 10:23 AM

Can I get a little overview...who he be, where he be from, what he be about...must have fallen asleep on him. Don't know anything about him. Thanks TNet

I could go to google, but I like y'all better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kurt Fleming Info

Mar 6, 2014, 10:30 AM

He was drafted by the Braves out of high school. That didn't work out. I think he is 23 or 24 years old. He was a RB in high school and was very productive. He is short but built like a brick house and suppose to have 4.5 speed. We will see. He is not on scholarship.

Braves agreed to pay for college when they signed him so no

Mar 6, 2014, 10:32 AM

need for a scholarship. Really a can't lose situation, as from everything I've read he's an outstanding athlete with D-1 talent

Everything I have heard and read about him.....

Mar 6, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Kurt Fleming Info ]

seems to indicate that while he is a very gifted athlete, he may have some attitude and maturity issues.

He is 21-years old and spent the last three years playing professional baseball in the Braves and Mariners organizations.

He rushed for something like 1,200 yards as a junior in high school. He suffered an ACL injury that prevented him from playing his senior season but he still signed to play football at Army out of High School before being picked by the Braves in the eighth round of the 2010 baseball draft.

He is expected to play as an H-back in Chad Morris’ offense at Clemson and he’s reported to run the 40 in 4.47 seconds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You can be he doesn't run a 4.47. Have you heard

Mar 6, 2014, 11:23 AM

the experts talk about 40 times? If Sammy only ran in the 4.4 range, this guy is not a 4.47. Hot Rod runs a 4.65? I believe actual 40 times are a lot slower than the ones timed by hopeful coaches.

A lot of people get speed and quickness confused as well.

Mar 6, 2014, 11:35 AM

That being said even if the kid runs a 4.7 you give him the ball on short yardage and he's probably golden.

Don't forget, LSU's Jeremy Hill (who we all saw against our Tigers) only ran a 4.66 at the combine. He was still a monster (and a thug).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Morris is going to use him as an H back....

Mar 6, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to You can be he doesn't run a 4.47. Have you heard ]

he will rarely carry the ball like a running back does.

Instead, we will probably see him used as a lead blocker, catching passes over the middle and pass blocking when needed similar to a TE.

Consequently, speed (at least 4.47 speed) would be a bonus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Kurt Fleming Info

Mar 6, 2014, 11:27 AM

He could be the new Reggie Merriweather bowling ball back we have been missing and thank God Bowden is not here to take him out of the game!!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,399
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic