Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lakebum realizing a dream come true...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Lakebum realizing a dream come true...

Mar 21, 2017, 12:02 PM

http://www.charlottestories.com/north-carolina-drivers-soon-fined-200-driving-slow-left-lane/

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 1 ticket I ever got in NJ was for 'failure to keep right

Mar 21, 2017, 12:05 PM

though I think the cop was being nice by not giving me the ticket for speeding (in snow) and no seatbelt on (which is strange, but I've always been a proponent of wearing your seatbelt, but for some reason I didn't have it on that time)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charge 'em $1000

Mar 21, 2017, 12:06 PM

There's no excuse for it. Makes me sick that there are people who are so dammed stupid and/or entitled that they think they have the right to dictate the flow of traffic on account of their mouthbreathing nature, lack of motor skills and lack of situational awareness.

Biggest offenders:

1) Ford Rangers
2) Dodge Minivans
3) Fat people
4) Trashy people

Honestly, anything less than extermination is a hindrance to society, really.

It's usually a clueless woman too...

Mar 21, 2017, 12:12 PM

The quadfecta:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like you could combine 1&2 with 3&4, and cut down on

Mar 21, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Charge 'em $1000 ]

the redundancy

5) people who want to make a left hand turn 3 miles ahead

Mar 21, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Charge 'em $1000 ]

I find that this type of person is the main culprit. They do this to make sure they will be ready to make that veer. Also explains the 5mph under the speed limit, so the turn doesn't "sneak up" on them.

this happens in the right lane too...indefensible

Mar 21, 2017, 12:37 PM

the f'n exit ramp is 1/2 mile long and inclined SO THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO START SLOWING DOWN 2 MILES BEFORE IT

Pretty much every time I come to Greenville, there is

Mar 21, 2017, 12:52 PM

inevitably someone in the left lane that decides they need to get off at the exit that is 1/8th of a mile away, and they start braking in the left lane trying to get over, causing untold amounts of problems for the traffic behind them.

Another huge issue I'm noticing is peoples apparent total lack of depth perception. I've almost rear ended countless amounts of people because they slammed on brakes and came to a stop 300 yards behind the car in front of them. This also has the even more infuriating effect of letting a dozen or so people get in front of that car, and of those usually about half do the same thing as the original offender. For whatever reason, they're also hesitant to hit the gas when traffic starts flowing, allowing even more people into the left lane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your first paragraph

Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 PM

i almost die every single day because of that, and I'll almost die again this afternoon undoubtedly.

THANKS DRIVERS!

I think you're on 385 more than I am, but I can tell you the

Mar 21, 2017, 12:59 PM

lane shift at Woodruff on I-85 is going to get someone killed. Several times a week I either see someone almost get squished against the median barrier, or almost get squished myself.

I'm honestly surprised 4 or 5 people don't die on 85 in Greenville every day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, 385 going OVER 85

Mar 21, 2017, 1:03 PM

the left lane comes to a screeching halt EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. when some momo realizes that they're supposed to be 4 lanes over, and only have 100ft to get there

Oh, so now you left lane barbarians are homophobic too?

Mar 21, 2017, 1:35 PM

WHERE WILL IT END?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm pro-homo butt no-momo***

Mar 21, 2017, 1:37 PM

Dat right lane on 85 going from Pelham to Woodruff, doe!

Mar 21, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I think you're on 385 more than I am, but I can tell you the ]

That's the ##### fo realz

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is mrs fluff's family

Mar 21, 2017, 12:56 PM [ in reply to 5) people who want to make a left hand turn 3 miles ahead ]

" oh my, I need to exit in 30 miles, I may as well get over now"

It's painful when I am driving and they try and throw their "logic" on me.

You need to have a come to Jesus meeting with them about

Mar 21, 2017, 1:01 PM

that. There's nobody I'm not willing to alienate over poor driving like that.

Scooter, this is for interstates***

Mar 21, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to 5) people who want to make a left hand turn 3 miles ahead ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

did I misinterpret this somehow?

Mar 21, 2017, 1:52 PM

Senate Bill 303 would issue a $200 fine to drivers who are caught driving below the speed limit or “impeding the flow of traffic” in the left lane of any highway in the state – unless the driver is actively passing another car or preparing for a left turn.

Interesting, I guess it's good to see it enforced on highway

Mar 21, 2017, 1:55 PM

that are out in the boondocks with 65mph+ speed limits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

The comments on these articles always amaze me

Mar 21, 2017, 12:23 PM

The "I'm doing the speed limit" crowd is just a baffling group of people. Is there not another cause they can be self righteous about without clogging up interstates and extending peoples commute? Why is this what they draw a line in the sand about? I truly just do not understand.

You're just a left lane bully, that's what you are.***

Mar 21, 2017, 12:51 PM

Look man, I think 60 and even 65 mph is an asinine speed

Mar 21, 2017, 12:56 PM

limit for an interstate, and I'm not going to abide by it. It just is what it is, no need in holding those of us that are capable of driving at speed up. I'd also like to sit down with one of these "I'm doing the speed limit" people and really try to get inside of their head. How do they figure someone holding up traffic is driving less dangerously than someone going admittedly fast, but not impeding anyone else? It makes no logical sense on any level.

there have been many similar posts/comments on a FB

Mar 21, 2017, 1:02 PM

page for Simpsonville....a (surprisingly) commonly used response in one of the larger threads from speed-limiters & left-laners was "Well, why don't you just leave 5 minutes earlier?"

Not sure I've ever wanted to reach through a screen and choke someone more than when I was reading that....and I'm including FBCoach (ironically)

I just wonder what prompts the desire to ride in the left

Mar 21, 2017, 1:10 PM

lane at all costs? Why is it necessary for them to stay in that lane no matter what? And it's not even necessarily about commute times, fairly routinely I miss my exit because I get caught behind some ####### who rides beside a semi for miles and miles...and since I'm not an ####### that's going to slam on brakes to get over, I have to continue on up the interstate with them.

my fav are the people who get on the hwy,

Mar 21, 2017, 1:13 PM

have a completely empty left & middle lane(s) in front of them, and will veer immediately to the left lane and proceed to go just under the speed limit

the only "logical" reason is

Mar 21, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I just wonder what prompts the desire to ride in the left ]

that usually the left lane is in better shape than the right, which is sometimes rutted, heavily asphalt patched and/or potholed.

Seems like violence is always the go-to Left Lane Rapists

Mar 21, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to there have been many similar posts/comments on a FB ]

like you and Lakebum.

Since 2013, at least five other states — Florida, Georgia, I

Mar 21, 2017, 1:22 PM

Since 2013, at least five other states — Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New Jersey and Tennessee — have also stiffened penalties for “slowpoke” driving or “left-lane camping.”

Well, they are not enforcing it in GA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

IMO, people tend to be better about getting over in GA than

Mar 21, 2017, 1:34 PM

SC...In Georgia, it's the semi trucks who cause the issues. Cut in front of you as you're rapidly approaching, and then proceed to not be able to get past the other truck for 10 miles.

Reading you guys responses in this thread has been

Mar 21, 2017, 2:24 PM

cathartic. I feel like a neurotic misanthrope on the Interstate most of the time...it's good to know I'm not the only one who this frustrates to no end.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic