Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In the store yesterday checking out the football Mags.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,060

In the store yesterday checking out the football Mags.

Jun 12, 2017, 9:50 AM

I've bought a couple of the national versions, but did not buy the SEC versions. There is one SEC mag, however, that has a great article about Hunter Renfrow. It's all about his faith in God. As for me, I'm a Christian and I pray a lot. I also know that being a Christian has helped me through some scary times in my life. Having said that, however, I don't go to an organized church and don't go around constantly talking about God, etc. I just feel I'm wise enough to decide my religion without an organized bunch of middlemen. I have found over the years that Christianity seems by far the most plausible and gives me the most peace and strength. That's just me but I don't ever look down on anyone elses faith. As a Christian and Clemson fan, I greatly enjoyed this article on Renfrow.

O.K. back to the article. The article was great in that Renfrow acknowledges that there are much more important things in life than a football game, however his faith in God helped him get ready for the play that clinched the game. He said he knew he'd practiced that play a thousand times, he knew that it was going to be God's will as to whether he caught the ball of not and he was going to be fine, yay or nay. He thought ahead of the play that his life would not be defined by that play whether he caught it or dropped it.

He says he has signed thousands of the Sports Illustrated for fans since the cover came out. He says he has always, even before the game, signed his name and then Phillipians 4:13. That's the verse that says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". One of his favorite verses and one of mine too by the way. I know this has been noted on here before, but ironic he signs that because there on the cover is Watson #4 with hands up in triumph as #13 catches the ball. Also, he adopted a little puppy golden retriever just before the game. He had not named it yet. After catching the two -yard touchdown pass to clinch the national championship, he named the new puppy Deuce.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post!

Jun 12, 2017, 10:15 AM

You don't necessarily have to go to church to be a Christian, God knows the good ones!

And by the way Nick Saban will probably thank God when Hunter Renfro graduates!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,060
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic