Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not getting all the negativity towards the staff for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,372

I'm not getting all the negativity towards the staff for

Oct 18, 2016, 4:40 PM

not putting Feaster in.

The offense didn't stall guys. We turned it over 4 times, one leading directly to a TD. And before you say he had to throw on first down coming out of the half because we couldn't run the ball, please remember that DW is a Heisman candidate and if he cant be trusted with the ball in his hands then it doesn't matter who the RB is because we're in trouble.

With that said. We left 21pts on the field with a pair of turnovers inside the 10, and the goal line stand where DW bobbled the snap on 3rd and goal and we went with a poor play call on 4th down instead of the jumbo package.

That game could've easily been 38-10 in the end and we're not discussing anything right now except how bad we're gonna beat the Noles and does UMass hold USuC to their average of 14pts/gm (still cracks me up haha).

I can only imagine what we'd be saying now if an inexperienced Feaster fumbled in our own territory and it lead to a NCST TD. We'd all be wondering why 3yds/run wasn't good enough from Choice and Fuller who didn't fumble.

Maybe Feaster would've broken it open - none of us know. I just know that had the guys executed and held onto the ball, the staff put us in a great position to score points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster is just a little behind in pass protection because

Oct 18, 2016, 4:47 PM

when he was at Spartanburg he was one of the main receivers. He was never in the backfield blocking that much because he caught the ball so well. He will be a great one and will get his time. You guys are going to have to start trusting the coaches on this stuff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Feaster is just a little behind in pass protection because

Oct 18, 2016, 4:52 PM

yep... look at their record.. that's all you need to do. and, honestly.. i think this wolfpack scare might have been the best thing for this team going forward.

Re: Feaster is just a little behind in pass protection because

Oct 18, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Feaster is just a little behind in pass protection because ]

If he's good running routes just another reason to create a 2 HB playbook and take the TE/extra receiver out.

Good idea for next season, but I'm not designing formations

Oct 18, 2016, 4:55 PM

that dont have Leggett on the field.

True. Hope that Bell turns out to be a decent TE.

Oct 18, 2016, 5:18 PM

Because there is nobody behind Leggett right now.

Snowflake Basher........Out

^^^what??? - you're kidding right.***

Oct 18, 2016, 7:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tie game, 11:30 in the 4th, we punt

Oct 18, 2016, 4:53 PM

after 9 passes,

2 holding calls,

and 1 run for no gain.

I'd say that's an OL problem,

but it's a bigger issue of "can't impose your will"

when you turn the ball over with the score tied in the 4th.

NC State didn't - they held the ball for 6:30 before missing the FG.

To your point though, here's how our drives ended in the 2nd half:

Pick-6, Fumble, Fumble, TD, Punt.

As far "imposing our will", teams wont let the OL

Oct 18, 2016, 4:58 PM

take a game over. They load the box and play off coverage and thats why our short passing game was killing NCST. Like you posted though - 5 drives, a TD and another two drives that should've been TDs. The last drive was fine until the OL imploded which didnt have much to do with Feaster not being in the game.

Re: As far "imposing our will", teams wont let the OL

Oct 18, 2016, 5:17 PM

The last drive was going nicely until a bs holding call on Leggett. Which happens though not blaming the refs for the close game. Sometimes it is called sometimes it is not but it didnt look like holding from the angle on tv.

Re: I'm not getting all the negativity towards the staff for

Oct 18, 2016, 4:54 PM

I understand why people want to see him. 3 yards a carry from those guys wasnt good but there was not much room to run. I thought Fuller ran hard. Some fans just believe maybe Feaster could have broke a big run but we should have scored way more the TOs in the redzone killed us. We got most of our yards passing and our RBs didnt get much yards is why people wanted Feaster. Idk if he could have done any beat with 8 men in the box but maybe. We were passing alot more so leaving Feaster our was probably the right call. The coaches know more about our team and players than any of us. We just want Feaster to get a chance but he has to earn it and those other boys have earned to be ahead on the depth chart.

when he's in there he doesn't do anything to make me wish

Oct 18, 2016, 5:07 PM

he would have gotten in there on Saturday. He's gotta show something otherwise I'd rather have a guy that won't fumble in there. Choice or Fuller.I think Dye has fumbled like that on the goalline a couple times in his limited time.Garbage time only for Dye IMO.

Re: when he's in there he doesn't do anything to make me wish

Oct 18, 2016, 5:15 PM

I agree. I wish the best for Dye but he has not lived up to expectations. We should not have put them so high though. Some fans have still wanted to see him more but he has had his chance.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,372
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic