Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we don't make the playoffs with Watson the next 2 years... Is it a disappointment?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,753

If we don't make the playoffs with Watson the next 2 years... Is it a disappointment?

Jan 3, 2015, 1:19 PM

Now I don't normally think we are a program on a level that should expect the playoffs very often. We aren't Alabama, Ohio state etc. however dabo is building a great program here and it's now coming to a pinnacle I believe.

We were high up with Boyd, Watkins, Hopkins etc. but what's coming is even greater. Watson is special and with the QB being the most critical position in the sport he has the potential to lead us to a national title.

Growing up a Clemson fan in the early and mid 2000s I wasn't sure if I would ever see Clemson win a national title in my lifetime. We were very far away then. We aren't too far away now.
This fanbase and program deserves another title, 1981 is getting to be pretty far away. You now have to be about 41 at least to remember it.

Next year and 2016 are our best chances to win it all. It won't be easy as there are plenty of good teams out there.

But if we fail and we do not even make the playoffs either year, is it fair to classify it as a disappointment?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we don't make the playoffs with Watson the next 2 years... Is it a disappointment?

Jan 3, 2015, 1:45 PM

Yes it would be a disappointment. And if we don't, Coach Swinney will be the first to tell you that following whatever hypothetical game we would have lost immediately following the game in his post-game presser.

Re: If we don't make the playoffs with Watson the next 2 years... Is it a disappointment?

Jan 3, 2015, 1:52 PM

The only thing left is winning championships , the 10 win seasons are good but it's not enough

Jan 3, 2015, 2:04 PM

Your forgetting one thing.
There is going to be a slight drop off on the defensive side of the ball,
and Watson doesn't play defense.
And if you are going to win it all, it has to start with beating FSU at home.
But it doesn't end there.
You pretty much have to win the ACCCG.
As to whether or not making the playoffs will be considered a failure,just ask TCU
or Baylor,or the two Mississippi schools what they think.
It's only 4 teams and until the playoffs are expanded to 8 Clemso will have to do
more than win 10 games.

P.S. One final thought.A lot of teams,and their fan bases deserve a title.
But you have to go win it.It won't be given too you.

Jan 3, 2015, 2:40 PM

I'm 62 and I remember it like it was just last season. My greatest memory in my Clemson FB history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said before, playing in the ACC is a major deterrent***

Jan 3, 2015, 2:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you and others bring it up every chance you get.

Jan 3, 2015, 2:51 PM

However nothing has happened yet to prove reason to worry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Well, what happened to the Big 12 gives cause to worry

Jan 3, 2015, 10:08 PM

because, with just a four team playoff, at least one CCG winner will be left out. And with the perception of the ACC, you know who that could be. Getting to an 8 team playoff is imperative, so if we win the ACC, we are in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to stop reading when you said we are not Ohio State

Jan 3, 2015, 3:23 PM

I think we are better

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lets be real here

Jan 3, 2015, 3:36 PM

we beat them last year but they have 5 national titles and are going for #6 in a few days time. They are one of the largest schools in the nation and have a massive fan base

Re: Not until the OL proves it can run block with Consistency

Jan 3, 2015, 4:42 PM

Against good front 7's!!!!!!

So every OL we played against this year...

Jan 3, 2015, 6:19 PM

...sucked, right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Yup, thought the same thing.***

Jan 3, 2015, 9:57 PM [ in reply to I had to stop reading when you said we are not Ohio State ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jan 3, 2015, 10:01 PM

If we stay healthy we should make a run next year. We are better than everyone on our schedule next year and we get FSU, GT and ND at home. Road games to Louisville, USuC, and possibly Miami will be tough, but if we stay healthy we will win them all. If Watson goes down then that changes everything.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic