Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Biggest Gripe About Yesterday AU/Clemson Meeting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

My Biggest Gripe About Yesterday AU/Clemson Meeting

Sep 2, 2012, 6:01 PM

The Chick-Fil-A Fan Zone, although very entertaining, really broke it off on me and my wallet! 7.00 for a Can of Beer! 11.00 Bucks for a Chick-Fil-A Sammich, Chips and a Coke!.....Whew...

But a great Tiger Victory more than made up for it!

GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Did they make you pay for the gun they held to your head?***

Sep 2, 2012, 6:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Did they make you pay for the gun they held to your head?***

Sep 3, 2012, 2:05 AM

nope, but security would hold guns to your head if you got caught sneaking in food or booze.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really too bad they charge those prices

Sep 2, 2012, 6:34 PM

Shouldnt be allowed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why should it not be allowed

Sep 2, 2012, 7:37 PM

don't buy it if you don't want it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about they shouldn't do it?

Sep 2, 2012, 7:42 PM

It's a shame events like this take advantage of people. Sure lots of people pay it, but lots of others don't. I don't pay for things like that, but I would like to enjoy the whole event and have some food and drinks while I'm there, I just can't afford it.

There really isn't a reasonable answer for why food and drinks are marked up that high other than they want to make as much money off people as they can. They have every right to do it, but it doesn't make it right.

When I take my kids, we sneak in some debbie cakes

Sep 2, 2012, 10:13 PM

and other food/candy and some drinks in my wife's big purse. No way I am getting ripped off by a 5 dollar winnie and bun

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know what their business plan is?

Sep 2, 2012, 11:36 PM [ in reply to How about they shouldn't do it? ]

I guess they could sell cheap food and raise the price of the tickets 10 bucks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're trying to tell me that these little fan fests

Sep 3, 2012, 1:40 AM

deals and such need to sell food and drinks for that much to make a sufficient profit then I am not buying it. Things like that are a side attraction to the main event and shouldn't be looked at as a money maker. I don't go to carnivals and pay that much and I shouldn't at those events.

To answer your question directly though, no I don't know their business plan. I highly doubt though if I inquired about it that I would get a straight forward, no spin, direct answer about it.

you could get liquor for $7 there. That would have been a

Sep 2, 2012, 7:27 PM

better use of your money than on beer.

;)

I agree... Chickfila charging $5 for their normally $2-something sandwich was REDIC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

They were handing out free sammiches outside in yellow lot***

Sep 2, 2012, 7:38 PM

They didn't charge that, I don't think

Sep 2, 2012, 10:14 PM

I think the Georgia dome buys all of the food and sells it for what they want

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoyed the free chicken sandwiches..

Sep 2, 2012, 10:09 PM

In the yellow lot. Overall a great gameday experience.

I'd pay $11 for a CFA sandwich now.***

Sep 3, 2012, 12:13 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

here is why

Sep 3, 2012, 12:47 AM

If I am correct, Aramark runs the concessions at the Ga Dome. I work for a minor league hockey team. In our arena, Ovations is our concessions provider. Normally, the arena or stadium charges a fee to sell + a % of sales. In our arena, CFA pays $300 per night and pays 30% of total sales to Ovations. My buddy is a dietician for the jacksonville jags. Outside vendors pay the stadium 25%, 10% to the owners, and their concession fee. CFA doesn't set their prices for the games, instead the concession partner does. As criminal as it is, the outside vendors usually lose $ bc of staffing and food costs. The balance though is in advertising and indirect marketing.

Great insight. Thanks. Point. I've always felt Clemson shoul

Sep 3, 2012, 12:55 AM

let local restaurants and vendors do the concessions. Like local vendors at fairs and events. Have Clemson get a vendor fee then tiered % of profits after a base amount. It would be cheaper or at the very least be better quality and variety for the same money, in addition to giving fans more choice & quality, while helping local businesses.

And yet there was free chick fil-a in the parking lot.***

Sep 3, 2012, 12:58 AM

Re: And yet there was free chick fil-a in the parking lot.***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:34 AM

Where in the heck do you get a chic fil a sandwich for $2?

There was also Free Chickie Sammiches in the Orange Lot

Sep 3, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to And yet there was free chick fil-a in the parking lot.*** ]

I wasn't quite hungry when they came through. My 6 year old was wearing me out to get him in the fan zone so he could go play. I was thinking that since Chick-Fil-A was sponsor this thing that some free food would be in the Fan Zone since I paid the extra money to get the Package that included the Orange Lot........But, like a crack dealer, the lure of a free sammich was a mere ruse to lure you in so they could bust you up.

I am really just kidding about the whole thing because I realize stadium food is a legal for off price exploitation and to pay for is a convenience choice.

I will say that the food inside the stadium was pretty good even though it was pricey too. My 15 Y/O and I each got an 8.00 Burito and it was flipping HUGE! I mean it could choke a donkey. It was also very good and I had to split mine with my wife. At least there was some value in that.....

But my whole post was a bit of levity to say that that game was so very fun that the only "negative" I loosely say was the food was way too expensive....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic