Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't see what the big deal is about when players decline to workout at the combine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

I don't see what the big deal is about when players decline to workout at the combine

Feb 28, 2020, 12:55 PM

I'm skipping the combine again this year, and I don't think I've hurt my draft stock one bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see what the big deal is about when players decline to workout at the combine

Feb 28, 2020, 1:01 PM

What baffled me were the people suggesting that NFL teams tell him that if he doesn't work out at the combine then they won't draft him.

Tee played a 45 game college schedule in three years and people seem to think that he should be punished because he is waiting until his pro day to run a 40 and some pass routes for the scouts.

It amazes me that people put more stock in a workout with 100 scouts and team officials watching than 3 or 4 years of a player playing in front of 80,000 people.

Re: I don't see what the big deal is about when players decline to workout at the combine

Feb 28, 2020, 1:15 PM

I think the combine is kinda like the SAT. It is meant to serve as a measuring stick so that you can compare speeds etc.. where everyone is being measured by the same equipment and on the same surface and same environment and you see who is faster or can jump higher or lift more under the same conditions.

Feb 28, 2020, 1:22 PM

Tee played on turf field, grass fields, cold weather, hot weather, tall corners, short corners, and everything else in his time at Clemson.

Also he is going to do the exercises he is missing at the Clemson pro day not long from now.

The SAT separates students who don't have the same work heading into college.

Clemson players have been put in the same situations that everybody else has in college and more than most players who will be selected.

Most of my issue is not that skipping the drills could affect his draft stock, but the main point of my issue is that people think there should be some type of punishment.

Feb 28, 2020, 1:58 PM

I imagine from a team point of view its about doing the same thing at the same time and getting the info for all of them. I suppose someone could theoretically shave a tenth on a time for a kid at a pro days versus the combine timing. which could still be wrong but wrong for everyone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:53 PM

It's usually a signal that player's handlers are trying to shield him from a poor performance in a drill-qb's not throwing, wr/40 or shuttle-& Clemson has a fast track 4 the 40

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic