Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does Clemson have a lack respect?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Why does Clemson have a lack respect?

Jan 2, 2015, 12:51 PM

I'm arguing with a Oregon fan who lives all the way in South Carolina, there's absolute no reason he should be a ducks fan by the way. Anyway, this guy had the balls to say Oregon will hang up 69 points on our defense. I told him "If you think ANY team will hang up 69 points on our defense then you don't know football" I told him we're the #1 defense for a reason, he went on to say "yeah bc YALL didn't play an offensive dominant team this year" when he said that BS, it solified my opinion that this guy doesn't know sheet about football.

His response was... Yep, you guessed it "WV hung up 70 points on Clemson, and that team wasn't even that good" That game is freaking 4 years old! Grady Jarret, D Williams, Stephone Anthony and crew were ALL freshmen that year. And we had some guy name Kevin Steele as our coordinator.

Moral of the story is, why does Clemson have a lack of respect from people? It seems like we have to play Bama, FSU, and freaking USCalifornia all in the same year, go undefeated win the Semifinal and then win the NC just to get respect from people. Blows my freaking mind!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because when we decide to implode, we do it right. (and

Jan 2, 2015, 12:57 PM

usually in front of a national audience)We have not done that in a while, but we will have to keep winning to shut that crap up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Everyone thought our D wasn't legit

Jan 2, 2015, 12:58 PM

With the sole exception of the first road game against a very good UGA team, and part of that problem was from a single quarter and a shut-down offense. But no one came close again to those numbers against our defense.

So stupid people say stupid things. Ask how Oregon lost to a team Duke nearly beat? Yes, Duke put more up on 'Zona than Oregon did.

Clemson

Re: Everyone thought our D wasn't legit

Jan 2, 2015, 1:12 PM

Haha I see your point, but duke played arizona STATE, not arizona (zona beat oregon, NOT state)...

GO TIGERS!

####....oh well. Thanks for the correction***

Jan 2, 2015, 1:20 PM

Clemson

Re: Everyone thought our D wasn't legit

Jan 2, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Everyone thought our D wasn't legit ]

Agreed.

I think if we were to play UGA later this season, we would have beaten the prison d*ck outta them. Chubb and Michele probably would have gotten their's, but no way do we lost to that ###### nozzles...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Folks don't like it when a

Jan 2, 2015, 12:59 PM

"little ole school like Clemson" beats the big name schools and they look for any reason to put us down (just ask Coach Ford).

Re: Why does Clemson have a lack respect?

Jan 2, 2015, 1:00 PM

Something smells chickeny here. Very chickeny.

Jan 2, 2015, 1:02 PM

Might be your upper lip ya smelling? I'm just playing man, 100% Tiger here.

Tell 'em coot

Jan 2, 2015, 1:06 PM

#9 to steveport 35-7 66-42-4

Future Clemson Grad' ??********

Jan 2, 2015, 1:09 PM

Nah we are respected. Its jealousy.***

Jan 2, 2015, 1:08 PM

IMO, we are greatly respected. We aren't respected as

Jan 2, 2015, 1:08 PM

a program compared to Oregon, FSU, Bama, etc. nor should we.

I think generally speaking, there is much respect for our program and Death Valley, running down the hill etc.

I think we get as much or more than any school that is one level below the elite at this time. I think most people would say our program is top 15 and that is pretty accurate.

I do think our fans are too thin-skinned when it comes to national writers writing or talking about us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO, we are greatly respected. We aren't respected as

Jan 2, 2015, 1:14 PM

Yeah, I think we're noticed and recognized, just not by Oregon fans that live in SOUTH CAROLINA! lol

GO TIGERS!

I agree

Jan 2, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to IMO, we are greatly respected. We aren't respected as ]

Just because someone writes an article that doesn't paint Clemson in a light that some deem acceptable or a fan of another team doesn't bow down when a Clemson fan enters the room does not equal disrespect. Every team gets negative articles written about them no matter what they have accomplished. I guarantee that if you looked hard enough there is an article today bashing Ohio St. and Oregon on things that happened in their playoff games even though both teams won. Also, a fan of another team saying their team would hang 70pts on us, or our D wasn't really that good, or anything like that is just fandom, no true fan is going to say "yeah your right you guys would just destroy us". There are many "Tiger" fans on this board that have the sensitivity level of a 13 year old girl when anyone says something negative about the team, a player, or one of their post.

Jan 2, 2015, 1:12 PM

Your acquaintance can have his own opinion. Doesn't make you less of a man. You'll be ok and this too shall pass

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Location in small state, in ACC, media bias (Just keep Winning!)

Jan 2, 2015, 1:14 PM

Congrats Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like a coot who jumped ship***

Jan 2, 2015, 1:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does Clemson have a lack respect? the coots

Jan 2, 2015, 1:17 PM

Beating their crappy teams year after year does nothing. Maybe a better rival would help

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all this from juan guy in sc that shouldn't be a duck fan?

Jan 2, 2015, 1:19 PM

or so you say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just tell him that...

Jan 2, 2015, 1:20 PM

...I-95 runs north and south, I-26 runs east and west, if Oregon is so great THEN GO THERE!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 1:21 PM

It's funny how those schools and fans that talk us down start talking us up when they have to face us. I also think that if we can have a healthy Watson for a year that perception will change VERY QUICKLY.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't waste your precious time. That's the guy who was

Jan 2, 2015, 1:36 PM

a Bulls fan with Jordan, a Cowboys fan in the mid '90's, a Laker fan with Shaq and Kobe, a Red Sux fan in '04 and a Trojans fan with Carroll. They are flavor of the month Sports Center fans. I'd be surprised if that guy even knows where Eugene, OR is or if he even realizes that it is a rural campus much like Clemson because the uniforms and Nike fool him. Don't waste your time with those dullards. They are all over the place....I can understand if you don't grow up a fan of either state schools and you knew Mo Morris, like a buddy of mine who grew up with Morris and became a Duck fan in the '90's and still is. That's different.

as for the nation, Clemson's national relevance preceded

Jan 2, 2015, 1:43 PM

the internet age. Any folks old enough to remember the late '70's to the early '90's before the internet/social media age know Clemson was a power year in/year out. We rolled Nebraska, Penn State, Oklahoma, a very good WVU team with a Heisman candidate QB, shut out a good Illinois team 30-0 in a bowl game, all virtually back to back. Sports Illustrated did an article in the mid '80's talking about "football factories" with the athletic dorms, etc., and referenced Penn State, Miami, Nebraska, Clemson all in the same sentence. We were like the 5th winningest team in the decade of the '80's in the nation. Then Ford got run off, we fell apart, and under Bowden AND the internet/ESPN/Social Media, etc., we had some nationally televised meltdowns. Today, all anyone remembers is yesterday and today....history doesn't matter. Dabo is building a power the right way and we are about to make some serious noise to where this conversation will be last year's news and forgotten. The program has never had this much talent on both sides of the ball, not to mention recruiting at this level every year and facilities. Thank god we're not the FSU's of the world who win, but are an embarrassment for last night's game but off the field as well.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic