Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As I do every Military Appreciation Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,703

As I do every Military Appreciation Day

Nov 23, 2014, 12:44 PM

that I've been able to attend, I got a little misty eyed. I couldn't even look at the crowd while we walked in the parade. I just kept my eyes on my daughter and talked to her. It was the same during the flyover, the parachute jump, and every presentation/recognition of the military.

You guys are the best. I've never been anywhere and gotten the outpouring of thanks and gratitude like I've seen at Clemson. One lady at the corner of the Hill was yelling thank you so loud I just wanted to go over and hug her. I talked with a few Vietnam vets and was especially happy they got their time.

As we walked out of the stadium after the game, I looked around to see the Paw at the corner of the WEZ and South Stands and was reminded of a time about 15-20 years ago. I hadn't been home in a few years and flew about 4000 miles to get back to SC at some ungodly hour on a Friday night. I got a few hours of sleep then slept in the car while my Dad drove the family from Irmo to Clemson. I woke up just as we were turning into Lot 4. The first thing I saw was that Paw on the corner of the stadium. The tears started as I knew I was "Home".

Thank you for being the greatest fans in the world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I do every Military Appreciation Day

Nov 23, 2014, 12:48 PM

Thanks 4 your service and loving Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ThX & offering a crisp sharp Clemson ROTC Salute to You!

Nov 23, 2014, 12:50 PM

GoTiGERS everywhere!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 2:18 PM

Thank YOU for your service!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 2:32 PM

Clemson is a special place and Clemson folks are THE best when it come to showing appreciation where it is due. Always proud when I get to experience such a game day visit. Those "misty eyes" that you mentioned come on every visit - not just on Military Appreciation Days.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,703
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic