Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A walk around Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,144

A walk around Clemson

Oct 28, 2015, 1:33 PM

It just occurred to me that in all of my years of tailgating, at one of the best venues in college athletics, I've never taken the time to just walk around campus prior to kickoff to experience what out of town fans experience when coming to our beautiful campus. I've just become so accustomed to pulling in to my tailgate spot, setting up shop, cracking a cold beer, and becoming complacent until that walk to the stadium. I always read these great stories about fans from other teams that come to Clemson for the first time and are blown away by the hospitality and friendliness of our fans (which I always strive to do also). Is anyjuan else in this same boat with me?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, will do same

Oct 28, 2015, 1:43 PM

One of these years....

Re: A walk around Clemson

Oct 28, 2015, 1:45 PM

I don't have my own spot so I typically make the rounds to multiple friends tailgates. Wearing Clemson gear, I obviously don't get an out of town experience but I've certainly seen the "Sea of Orange" walking down Williamson Road. Seeing the tailgates lining the road and the setups on the intramural and club fields is truly a sight to behold.

The first time I brought my now-wife to a Clemson game that was the first place I took her and she was blown away by the pageantry and passion. She went to a small college without a football team and was converted instantly. She owns more Clemson gear than I do these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2015, 1:46 PM

I'm with you 100%! Clearly we are there for the game but there is so much more to Clemson. It's truly a special place. We are blessed

As a Clemson student, I had the distinct pleasure....

Oct 28, 2015, 2:09 PM

of walking all-over the campus on a daily basis for several years. My children are now students at Clemson and I am fortunate enough to be able to walk it with them regularly. However, having been there and seen it so many times, I'm probably a little guilty of taking it for granted. Truth be told, there is no other place on this planet I would rather be on a beautiful fall afternoon. There really is something in those hills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 28, 2015, 2:28 PM

One game a year I make a point to do just that. Head downtown for a beer or two. Stroll thru campus. Check out the band concert, pregame. Visit a few friends tailgates I would otherwise miss out on. It ends up being one of the best times of the year. Now don't get me wrong, tailgating on a Clemson Football Saturday is what I live for, but one time a year I change things up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2015, 2:37 PM

So, I brought a friend up for the BC game and seeing as he hadn't been to Clemson before, I left our tailgate and took him on a walk around the stadium. The weather was perfect and the scenery was top-notch. Noting that our beverages were nearly gone, he suggested we walk into this new bar I'd never seen before. "Larry's" - where Explorer's used to be. I told him that while I'd spent tons of time in Explorer's, this Larry's place was a new one to me - but what the ####, let's try it out. Immediately we were in a sea of underage college kids, thumping bass music, drunkards, "cops" with weed leafs displayed all over their clothes and people arguing and fighting everywhere.

We grabbed a beer and hightailed it out of there, where I went back to my spot at the tailgate, right in front of the TV.

I guess the point of this... While I love nothing more than Clemson on a fall Saturday - I don't love all of it. And I'm getting old, I guess. Also, Larry's needs to go.

probably the only advantage of living 9 hrs away

Oct 28, 2015, 2:41 PM

and being able to attend an average of one game a year is to bounce between friends' tailgates for several hours before the game, spread out all over ... let's say the western half of campus ... and just take in the sights and sounds. It's just as refreshing and exciting to come back each time and to appreciate it being our alma mater!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after walking around that campus

Oct 28, 2015, 3:34 PM

for 4 years, i dont think i can ever put into perspective as to what a newcomer would see.

just yesterday a chick out here in los angeles

Oct 28, 2015, 4:09 PM

was telling me about her recent clemson
football experience. she (a california native)
attended the georgia tech game with a clemson
alum, and she LOVED it (despite the rain) - the
tailgating, the stadium, campus. GREAT experience.
always nice to hear.
ah, it's a special place.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic