Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! Interesting story out of Utah.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Wow! Interesting story out of Utah.

Sep 22, 2021, 10:00 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseret.com/platform/amp/2021/9/21/22686294/utah-utes-charlie-brewer-chooses-to-move-on-leaving-program

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mama Says The Transfer Portal is the Devil!

Sep 22, 2021, 10:03 AM

Only a few kids will benefit from this. It will destroy most kids careers and even worse, their chance to finish college as those that don't get picked up have no ride. Last time I checked, it had something like 1500 players in the portal. All it's teaching them is to be quitters on their team and themselves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I had 4 roommates who transferred to clemson from other

Sep 22, 2021, 10:28 AM

Schools. It worked out well for all of them.

I also know an air force quitter who went to clemson after his 6yrs were up. He is doing very well out in texas now.

So i can say that some quitters succeed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think we have to cautious of flawed comparisons.

Sep 22, 2021, 11:17 AM

Transferring schools is all well and good. Transferring from Anderson University to Clemson for a better degree or UVA for VT because you decided on an engineering degree. But football players who transfer are often chasing an NFL dream that probably isn’t in the cards or playing time for a game they will be done with in a few years. I get it. We all get it. Doesn’t mean it is in their best interests. They rarely break out after doing so…having to learn a new school, team, coaches and playbook. They cut ties with an alumni base that supported them. They disrupt their studies.

null

I agree in general, but

Sep 22, 2021, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Mama Says The Transfer Portal is the Devil! ]

I think the majority of players are not going to benefit from the portal, but hundreds of kids will.

LSU won the national championship thanks to the portal.

Georgia has key starters on both sides of the ball, including their QB, thanks to the portal.

The two best players for Ohio State when they kicked our butts last year were Fields and Sermon. Both were transfers.

Re: Mama Says The Transfer Portal is the Devil!

Sep 22, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Mama Says The Transfer Portal is the Devil! ]

Yeah but a few will make some quick cash so what does it matter that they are stocking groceries and are broke with no college degree before they hit 22?

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic