Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would not want to be the other 3 teams...
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 51

Would not want to be the other 3 teams...

May 15, 2021, 2:35 PM

coming into the Clemson Regionals next weekend at McWhorter Stadium

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would not want to be the other 3 teams...

May 15, 2021, 2:43 PM

Nope. This may be a blessing... As much as I hate Duke and historical as the ACC championship would have been. We won the regular season. And we have bigger fish to fry.

Still hurts to lose it like that. 2 hits. The first didn't do damage. The 2nd a bloop bunt pop up. Then they tried imo in bottom 6th to all tie it in one swing. They'll learn from it. Our bats were rather quiet all tournament facing excellent pitching.

Congratulations TIGERS. History was made, and the real tournament starts next. Proud of you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2021, 2:49 PM

Cagle was her own enemy at her last at-bat. She could have easily walked because they were pitching way outside trying to walk her. She kept reaching to make contact when she should have taken walk. As great as she is, she can't always be the hero. She will watch the tape and learn, and maybe that education does her wonders for playoffs and future seasons. They had a great season, time to get the bats warmed up though.

May 15, 2021, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Would not want to be the other 3 teams... ]

I lot of people feel that way after a close loss, but I've never seen any loss as a blessing, blessings are about something good happening, and there isn't anything good about a loss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2021, 3:20 PM

That WVA debacle led to Venables and two National titles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I've seen predictions where we don't host

May 15, 2021, 2:46 PM

It would be crazy to think we won't get a top 16 seed, but those predictions are out there.

Our RPI is around 20 and a SOS around 100. They needed this victory to leave no doubt about hosting. 4-5 on the season vs ranked opponents honestly doesn't match up well with some other teams.

We'll find out tomorrow, but I can see scenarios where we don't host.

Re: I've seen predictions where we don't host

May 15, 2021, 2:51 PM

That would stink!

May 15, 2021, 3:06 PM

Gotta figure out how to get some singles strong together. The simply walk Cagle strategy is gonna be a huge factor going forward.

I hope we can get the bats going again

May 15, 2021, 3:15 PM

It’s a little worrying that we couldn’t hit well this weekend. We will certainly be facing better pitchers in the ncaas.

Re: I hope we can get the bats going again

May 15, 2021, 3:18 PM

The Duke pitchers were around the plate and we seemed very tentative at times today. What we have going for us is an old school coach that knows how to fix it.

Re: I hope we can get the bats going again

May 15, 2021, 3:26 PM

Too many pop up fly outs.

Replies: 10
| visibility 51
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic