Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, I hate the Cowboys, BUTT, be it intentional or not,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Well, I hate the Cowboys, BUTT, be it intentional or not,

Jan 16, 2022, 8:11 PM

there is NO disputing via video that the official cost the Cowboys one last shot at a Hail Mary by running into Prescott, then respotting the ball, A COUPLE OF TIMES, before he would allow their attempt to spike it. For what, he moved the ball a grand total of a foot! The important thing was that while he was fiddlefarting around doing that, time was running out.

I don't care what your allegiance is, a game should not be allowed to end under circumstances like that. The League office will probably issue some sort of apology to the Cowboys, and it will be worth less than a piece of toilet paper that has been smeared with crap.

That crew had it within their power to right that wrong, on the field, at the time, and didn't have the balls to do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, I hate the Cowboys, BUTT, be it intentional or not,

Jan 16, 2022, 8:17 PM

According to the rule book, the official has to touch and spot the ball. I thought the official was moving quickly to spot that ball and didn't hinder anyone. Honestly the league doesn't deserve to do squat for the Cowboys over this game. As much as I disdain NFL officiating. Cowboys beat themselves all night and especially at the end with that playcall. If anyone should be apologizing to the Cowboys, it should be their coaches.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2022, 7:08 AM

Agree 100% .. the league and even Jerry Jones had no issue with the refs. Dallas beat themselves with all the penalties and undisciplined play. Dallas needs a HC that is not a puppet to Jones, but this is what Jones wants. Johnson and Parcells were not, and their teams played much better.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 8:18 PM

But they gave Dallas an extra 2 seconds before the SF sneak attempt, so maybe just a total screwup all around by the officiating crew.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 8:22 PM

Lol whatever. They added like 9 seconds total back to the clock after the remeasure. Then also added two seconds back to the clock after the false start penalty 38 to 40 with no explanation so that one or two seconds people are crying about should not have been there anyway. Typical Shanahan conservative 2nd half play calling is the only thing that kept the Cowboys in the game.

Wrong…it was Dak’s fault…..

Jan 16, 2022, 8:28 PM

1- He needed to go down sooner.
2- Then you hand the ref the ball….Dak tried to spot it himself.
3- Then Dak gets in the way of the ref.

Bottom line….he had time to run a certain amount…he ran too far with no timeouts.
Refs aren’t miracle workers in regards to spotting the ball quickly to make up for bad decisions by a QB.
Bye bye Cowboys!

Re: Wrong…it was Dak’s fault…..

Jan 16, 2022, 8:38 PM

This!

The ref did everything right.

Jan 16, 2022, 8:31 PM

Cowboys should never have run the ball in that situation. 2 passes to the end zone.

Right Tackle was offsides

Jan 16, 2022, 8:36 PM

Game over, no matter how it is sliced…Good!

Everyone knows the ref has to spot the ball

Jan 16, 2022, 8:44 PM

Otherwise there would be no reason to measure for 1st downs on close 3rd down plays- just let the ball carrier put it where he wants

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 8:49 PM

Maybe Prescott and the Dallas offensive linemen shouldn't have been in the way of him spotting the ball. You don't get to spot it yourself and they know that.

They crowded the line without the ball being spotted

Jan 16, 2022, 8:52 PM

the ref took the most direct path to spot it. He could have ran around the line to spot it, but that would've taken even more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dak should have gotten down earlier

Jan 16, 2022, 8:57 PM

to give time to spike the ball..would have at least had one more play from 30 yards out

Jan 16, 2022, 9:24 PM

Cows deserve whatever they get

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 9:25 PM

The clock operator and refs need to be scrutinized going all the way back to about 1:38 left. Cowboys were called for a defensive penalty on an inbounds running play and after the penalty the clock never started running. Then the shenanigans adding time back on the re-spot while knocking the 40 second clock down from 29 to 25. Then the couple seconds on the glass start and realistically the Cowboys should have gotten the ball with less than 20 seconds if not zero time.

you must not have watched the game

Jan 17, 2022, 9:18 PM

and are a victim of "talking heads" sports news. The entire game the 49ers were better, except that last 6 mins. That play was a big risk to run with 8 seconds left. If anything, Dak shoulda' called 911 out, taken the snap, and tossed the hail mary right then. Doesn't matter, Cowboys beat themselves, were undisciplined, had no running game, and were out played.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic