Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We gotta get the fire back …
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,462

We gotta get the fire back …

Oct 23, 2021, 10:26 PM

I don’t care how much money you make, endorsement deals …

If your satisfied, you get paid no matter what happens, take the money and run

To the rest of us. It’s a pride/identity thing. Mediocrity is not accepted. Look at Saban. He has “made it” several times over, and he still has that drive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This^^^***

Oct 23, 2021, 10:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like it starts with

Oct 24, 2021, 8:27 AM

TE. I can’t sit through his interviews. They’re bad, like real bad….we won’t get that locker room back with him here…sorry.

We play scared…no killer instinct

Oct 24, 2021, 9:18 AM

Need to recapture the “Eye of the Tiger” (cue theme from “Rocky” ??).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Eye of the Tiger” is NOT one of my motivation songs ...

Oct 24, 2021, 10:32 AM

Its lame ... like 70's arena rock ...

THIS is a motivating song ! Also, the music they play in the stadium has really gotten lame ... Kickoffs should having AC/DC blaring, Ramones, That "Jump" song ... not that pablum for the masses they seem to like ...

https://youtu.be/iymtpePP8I8

fred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Eye of the Tiger” is NOT one of my motivation songs ...

Oct 24, 2021, 10:42 AM

Majority of players are black. Black kids like rap.

Whatever happened to the "Temptations" ?

Oct 24, 2021, 10:46 AM

Am I showing my age ?

Don’t care so much about the song

Oct 24, 2021, 5:25 PM [ in reply to “Eye of the Tiger” is NOT one of my motivation songs ... ]

Reference is more to Rocky III. Tearing down and rebuilding.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We gotta get the fire back …

Oct 24, 2021, 10:41 AM

Agree!! I feel like we had it with UGA and that loss crushed our spirit. Now it’s all about ruining Wakes perfect season. Let’s get it boys!

Actually, I secretly hope WF goes all the way ...

Oct 24, 2021, 10:44 AM

Really, ruining their season for the sake of ruining their season is really "bush". Our goal now is just to win six games and play Coastal in the Mayo Bowl.

I hope WF beats Alabama or Georgia in the NC, great story and great for the ACC

Re: We gotta get the fire back …

Oct 24, 2021, 6:47 PM

Agreed. I was surprised that not everyone was excited to get Dabo as HC back in the day. I was so tired of watching Tommy Bowden kneel and eat grass during the games, and Dabo had passion and fire!

Now, honestly he seems complacent. The dynasty that he built by finding the best at every position is being threatened by his newer “hire your friends” mentality. No one on staff aside from Venables would have their position at another school outside of a high school or much smaller college. As another poster said, “they’re amateurs”. Unless Dabo gets that fire back, and that “find and hire the best” mentality, I believe we’re heading back to the 8-5 days of Tommy Bowden.

Since you’re still reading, I’ll keep going…. A management book that I’ve found interesting is “Extreme Ownership”, written by former Navy Seals who applied their battle experiences to the business world. In one chapter, they emphasize the importance of finding the right person for the job, and not letting personal allegiances compromise the mission. Well you get the idea…but it seems like that’s where we are. I LOVE CJ Spiller! But is he the best running backs coach we can find? Streeter was a great ambassador for Clemson. But is he the best QB coach we can find? Let’s not even talk about the OL… So the question is, have we compromised the bigger mission in favor of loyalties and friendships?

Here’s to hoping the right decisions are made - whatever those may be. I hope the cutthroat, passionate Dabo returns, and that his former fire leads him to figure out the best path forward and act on it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,462
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic