Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walker White’s film opinion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Walker White’s film opinion

Feb 3, 2023, 12:05 PM

I know a ton of people will disagree with me here, but watching his film he reminds me a lot of DJ. Seems pretty statuesque in the pocket and that makes me nervous. Has a cannon for an arm, but that ain’t everything in big college ball as we painfully saw over the past 2 seasons.

Having said that, if he has the right mental game, he could be great. I guess I’m just a little gun shy from the 21 and 22 seasons.

Message was edited by: LemonTiger®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walker White’s film opinion

Feb 3, 2023, 12:18 PM

DJ did better running the ball than he did trying to complete a simple 10 yard pass. Worst of all was his ability to quickly process information and make a good decision. So we do not know if White will win the heisman or flame out but there is no basis for the DJ comparison IMO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 12:21 PM

Not sure what you watched but Dude is a true duel threat. Man’s got wheels and size. I predict him and Vizzina will battle it out to replace Cade after he leaves. Vizzina has probably a better arm but White has better legs so we shall see.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 12:25 PM

After what we've witnessed the last 2 years I just want someone who can process the decision quickly.

Feb 3, 2023, 12:30 PM

What film? The one posted on front page here, I thought looked impressive. Seemed to make good rpo reads and ran well. Obviously it's a highlight tape, but imo made quick throws.

The only thing I did see a couple times was he rolled out quick like cade tended to do when he could have stepped up into the pocket. If you have other tape, please share.

Feb 3, 2023, 9:01 PM

Go look at his film on YouTube. I coached varsity football and graded film every week. Vizzina is a better runner than White, and Vizzina isn’t a runner.

Feb 3, 2023, 12:36 PM

The film I saw had limited throws but the ones he made seemed like solid mechanics and good arm strength.

He also seems to be a very big and athletic kid. Appeared much faster and quicker than DJ did in high school.

I really like having Riley as the QB coach. This has been overlooked with all the hoopla over his play calling and scheme. Having a guy who can develop QB's is huge! If DJ had Riley, who knows??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 12:36 PM

Doesn't have the strongest arm. Clunky, but quick, release. His accuracy at all three levels is impressive. Doesn't have the speed of Klubnik, not as big as Vizzina, but is athletic enough to make defenses pay with his legs.

Feb 3, 2023, 1:03 PM

He can move for a big guy and has an accurate arm. From the film I saw last night, he appeared to be ready to run on most plays and then saw an open receiver and fired away. However, I think that was because his OL was not very good. Welcome to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 2:33 PM

He kind of reminds me of Drake Maye.

Feb 3, 2023, 1:38 PM

I see all I need to see when he throws an out from the right hash on a rope to the left sideline. No arm strength problems there. He seems very agile for his size, every thing else is a willingness to accept coaching, the coaching it self and the work ethic needed to be great!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2023, 2:18 PM

I don't think he's a statue but even if he was that might be OK if he was accurate and could work through his reads quickly.

TI projects him to Auburn about 10 mins ago***

Feb 3, 2023, 3:05 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic