Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA situation getting more curious.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 51

UGA situation getting more curious.......

Feb 3, 2023, 10:30 PM

AJC reporting that two other players may have been involved and UGA "handler" was on the scene early and apparently had access to the scene and to witnesses. AJC smells something on this and, most likely, they wont let it go. Popcorn time!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA situation getting more curious.......

Feb 3, 2023, 10:48 PM

Uga is untouchable. Especially from an instate organization.

Remember this?

https://deadspin.com/kirbys-law-will-make-it-harder-to-report-on-georgia-a-1770500372

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only shocking thing about this is that UGG

Feb 3, 2023, 11:00 PM

couldn't hire a coach to uphold their sleaze while winning to the current level until now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA situation getting more curious....... ]

Yep! Kirby's Law immediately came to mind after hearing about the wreck.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 4, 2023, 9:52 AM

I worked for many years in L.E. in counties neighboring Clarke. Know many ACCPD officers and UGA PD officers. Despite what you may want to believe, ACCPD cuts players absolutely no slack. UGA PD cuts them no more slack than they do other students, but UGA PD is across the board lenient compared to ACCPD.
It's my opinion that the UGA program is dirty as a pile of dog poop, but I also know for fact that ACCPD does NOT cut players any slack.

Worry not some bulldog lurker will come

Feb 3, 2023, 11:05 PM

On and say how great Tirdbee’s program is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 4:46 AM

Reminds me of Urban Meyer's teams at UF. Kirby is Urban 2.0.

Feb 4, 2023, 9:53 AM

No comparison. Kirby is much worse.

Dawg Trolls

Feb 4, 2023, 7:49 AM

Your team pays a man to be a liaison between the team and the Athens police department. You trolls should be so proud. Go AJC. We are about to find out if the car racing rumor is true.

Re: Dawg Trolls

Feb 4, 2023, 1:10 PM

That's lame...FSU had two people to act as buffer between athletes and the Tallahassee PD...when all the issues with JW took place one of the big dogs in Tallahassee PD was a former FSU student! Everything was stonewalled at FSU and the newspapers were in on it...goings on in Gainesville were small potatoes compared to the 'sister' school up I-10. Georgia better get on the ball, those were not just crab legs!

Feb 4, 2023, 8:30 AM

lock Kirby up

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 8:59 AM

That's pretty much what all this glee and "Popcorn time!" stuff is about. There are some feigned "prayers for all involved" stuff, but it really comes down to some dillusion that this is "it" - the thing that is going to bring down Kirby and UGA. Maybe there is something more to this tragedy. Maybe the NCCA will save the day for all the also-rans by stripping UGA of the last two national titles. Other fan bases can certainly hope for that but that kind of engery would be better spent bracing for a Georgia threepeat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 9:10 AM

There is no glee from me because two people are dead. I just want to know if the Dawg trolls on Tigernet are embarrassed in the least about Kirby employing a “fixer”. Also , are you trolls wanting to get to the bottom of what really happened that night/morning? So trolls vote, are you a turn a blind eye kind of person or do you want to know the truth?

Feb 4, 2023, 9:21 AM

There should be a full investigation. If someone broke the law they should be held accountable. If anyone tries to influence the investigation, they should be held accountable. That includes Kirby Smart or anyone else with ties to UGA. How's that?

As for the "fixer," what I read is that a UGA rep was notified of the accident and responded. There is no indication this person tried to sway or influence the police investigation. In fact, at Athens PD Lt said no one has tried to influence the investigtion.

I suspect none of that will matter to people who desperately want to believe in a conspiracy.

Feb 4, 2023, 9:38 AM

Thanks Afdawg for the reply. I am personally wanting to see transparency. I am disturbed that the AJC is having to dig to bring some details to light.

As far as Kirby’s law, Gov Kemp is a die hard Dawg but, is not stupid. They are in session under the Golden Done in Atlanta. Kirby’s law can and will be changed if a coverup occurred.

I get that dawg fans want to minimize

Feb 4, 2023, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA situation getting more curious....... ]

this tragic situation and other stuff like the WR domestic violence arrest and the QB's public intoxication arrest, all since the national championship, and focus on more important things like others' reactions and a possible threepeat. But aren't y'all at least a little bit curious?

There are a lot of unanswered questions probably since it's an ongoing investigation and the Kirby law gives UGA 90 days to respond to records requests. But there are weird things about the fatal tragedy that haven't been mentioned in any of the articles with the accompanying videos. Like there were 5 players and 2 university employees (per the articles) shown leaving the strip club, but only the 2 employees and the 2 players in the wrecked car have been named. Who were the other 3 players or recruits and where did they go and what happened to them? And what was given to the player in the front passenger seat at the stoplight?

And the player that only had minor injuries and the woman employee critically injured know a whole lot. Have they been interviewed? What are their stories? Like I said, we know it's an ongoing investigation and toxicology and other tests take time, but even diehard dawg fans have to be curious and understand others' curiosity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get that dawg fans want to minimize

Feb 4, 2023, 11:33 AM

You are correct. There are a lot of unanswered questions. Maybe we should let the investgation run it's course before we howl about wrong doing and corruption.

Feb 4, 2023, 1:48 PM

As expected, UGA has already started the “unauthorized use” commentary to distance themselves from the issue and put all the blame on the young staffer who is not around to tell her side of the story.

Feb 4, 2023, 1:52 PM

Maybe UGA' s position it was an unauthorized use of the vehicle is because it was unauthorized use of the vehicle. Like I posted, though, it won't matter for those determined to believe conspiracy.

Feb 4, 2023, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA situation getting more curious....... ]

The truth is you could care less, like many other UGA fans, what happens or happened and that is the crux of why this sort of stuff is allowed to happen. If not for your checkered past these types of questions would not come up. No transparency at all. I know for a fact that you cheated in the 60's from friends that played there and were All SEC players. I doubt anything has changed since!

Feb 4, 2023, 11:32 AM

Well, if there was cheating in the 60's the program should be given the death penalty.

Feb 4, 2023, 1:19 PM

Not investigation post facto can be given support and the NCAA has shown that it will not give the death penalty to one of its children...they single out a few that feigns to show resolve but will stonewall anything that disturbs the status...take Miami in the 90's, everyone in the country knew what was happening and when the cheaters were uncovered they just faded away...Why do you think they had so many coaches win a different Natty...when the coach finally figured out what was going on he took the first real job offered...don't think that has ever happened in the history of College football...great teams and short term coaches...from Florida and knew players from Miami...the few that graduated were glad to get out alive!

Feb 4, 2023, 9:52 AM

Admit I haven’t followed all these AJC stories but I haven’t seen anything that would “bring UGA down”. On the other hand, UGA is destined to go through a “lull” like Alabama and Clemson not due to any scandal but due to a few recruiting misses at key positions and the loss of key coaches/coordinators. It happens to all elite programs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 4:15 PM

It was Bryant Gantt former player and UGA staffer. He’s with player development as staffer for UGA athletic department. Poor guy had to wake the kids parents who were in town and tell them their son died. Wouldn’t want his job for anything. He stayed with them until coaches arrived and the rest of the night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic