Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Linebackers
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1864

Tiger Linebackers

May 28, 2024, 6:17 PM

Am I right? Barrett Carter (Will), Wade Woodaz (Sam), and Sammy Brown (Mike) look like starters. Jamal Anderson and Kobe McCloud will be key in the rotation.

Woodaz looked thick in below VLOG video (attached in edit) for Spring game. He looks ready.

What do insiders/SME's have to say on Wesleychick's position group? Who will call D schemes on the field? TIA ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31hgciK35Js

Message was edited by: SocMan2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Linebackers

May 28, 2024, 6:49 PM

I think:

B. Carter, W. Woodaz and Jamal Anderson will start.

Sammy Brown, Dee Crayton and Kobe McCloud in that order will get heavy/frequent reps!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2024, 7:49 PM

I'd be surprised to see Sammy start his first game in such a big game but do expect him to be in there a lot. As good as he is, I still think they have a trust factor they need to see demonstrated, and I don't know if running him out there against the Dawgs is where they want to start testing him.

Message was edited by: slwcu79®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2024, 8:43 PM

Sammy?
He will play
How much will be decided this Summer and in camp
So worst case he is on all defensive Special teams
He will play

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2024, 10:34 PM

I think worst case scenario is our 4th best LB and at best ends up starting and is amazing.

Wade and Barrett will start with a safety/nickel corner at the third spot.

May 28, 2024, 7:56 PM

With Capehart and Page at DT and Parker and Woods at end, I would think we get more speed on the field.

I think our front four is going to be one of the best in college football. We should be able to control the run game and get pressure on the passer with those guys and the speed of Carter and Woodaz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2024, 9:00 PM

Carter and Woodaz for sure. I can't see Sammy Brown starting. As a former Mike in college myself, terminology, setting fronts, audibling, etc is something that you have to have down pat to play at full speed. It slows more people down quicker their freshmen year than anything at that position. Other positions just do what they're told, but Mike is gonna run things typically. That triples the information you HAVE to know. Brown will probably get good PT, but if he runs out against Georgia with the ones it's actually bad sign. Not a good one.

Woodaz looks GOOD physically. I was kinda shocked in that vlog. He's not just a fast LB with enough size now. He's an NFL looking body. Hopefully he plays round the clock.

May 28, 2024, 9:59 PM

Our starting 4 DL are STRONG.

But don’t forget about Vic Burley.

May 29, 2024, 12:16 AM

Exactly. Might be best D Lineman this season.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1864
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic