Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Road To Oklahoma City...
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,496

The Road To Oklahoma City...

May 16, 2021, 4:51 PM

and the NCAA Softball Championships Selection special is coming up tonight on ESPN2 at 9,for those interested...see if the Tigers will be hosting or if not then where they will be going for a Regional

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Road To Oklahoma City...

May 16, 2021, 4:58 PM

Thanks for posting the info. I'll be there and fully expect to get the nod to host. Has to be some benefits to winning the ACC #1 seed. I think they'll take into consideration we were a fluke bounce from who knows what might have been. Jmho.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Road To Oklahoma City...

May 16, 2021, 5:19 PM

You would think winning the regular season championship in the ACC,making it to the ACC Tournament Championship game,winning over 40 games and being ranked in the Top 15 would get you a host,you would think but there is always but it seems,but the question is will the committee award host sites to a more established program who has a really good tradition and has hosted before.Florida State will most likely get to host even though they did not win the regular season or conference tournament and they'll get to host because of their tract record of hosting many times before and have a really good tradition

Why should that matter though?

May 16, 2021, 5:28 PM

You could also say they would want to give a new program a host site to encourage the growth of the sport at a new school

Re: Why should that matter though?

May 16, 2021, 5:38 PM

I agree but the projections make you think if it is possible they might not host.Hopefully the committee will take into consideration of the way Clemson has done in the past in hosting Baseball Regionals and the following that they have gotten from the fans.You know Clemson Softball fans will make it a sell out every game,heck they might even have to add bleacher seats outside of right field fence to go along with the stadium seats and the standing room crowd outside the left field wall.

May 16, 2021, 5:43 PM

Count me in if they do. If I can get tickets... Will be a ton of excitement.

May 16, 2021, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Why should that matter though? ]

Aka the Rittman factor. He hosted a few at Stanford. Either way, certainly a great discussion to even be having.

FYI - Horry, you spoiled it with the period... Lol

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,496
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic