Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC once again......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The ACC once again......

Jul 1, 2022, 1:03 AM

........gets left behind and relegated to reacting instead of being proactive. Swofford was a joke and the fact he wasn't fired shows that the ACC schools are not innovative. Look for the ACC to continue to be led by the short and curly's by Notre Dame and add Middle Tennessee and Central Michigan or go after more basketball schools. If the ACC continues to punt the ball is current relevance and the #2 college football market enough of an appeal? To me its ACC growth , going to the SEC or nothing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC once again......

Jul 1, 2022, 1:08 AM

How well do recruits react to the pitch of playing up north in the winter if Clemson went to the B1G and don't think it wouldn't be used against Clemson. would be horrible mistake. Let's hope the ACC quits sitting on its thumb. ACC still has options.

Jul 1, 2022, 8:52 AM

I don't know if the recruits want to spend all the extra travel time to play up north, but I don't think the weather is the issue. Sure it can be cold in late November, but September and October are glorious. Can't imagine playing in the heat and humidity is considered a bigger draw.

This whole weather thing is idiotic

Jul 1, 2022, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: The ACC once again...... ]

If anything, the weather is MUCH better during football season up north. MUCH better. How quickly you folks forget September and even October games in the Valley. Calling it misery would be an understatement. Now imagine wearing all that gear and running around in that sweltering heat and humidity. Let alone practicing for hours every day it in.

Reactionary post about ACC being reactionary.***

Jul 1, 2022, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

LOL SOS from board whiners

Jul 1, 2022, 10:09 AM

Seems you guys would get tired of being Beta People and always wrong

Jul 1, 2022, 10:12 AM

I can’t really blame the ACC or commissioner Philipps for this current chaos. What would you have had him do? Invite teams on the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic Coast Conference?

This is about greed and fear. The B1G, USC and UCLA are not honoring their commitment and not concerned about the welfare of their student athletes.

Its money that matters as always. Location does not

Jul 1, 2022, 10:40 AM

What will be used against us in recruiting is all the money SEC and Big 10 schools have at their disposal. Eventually, that disparity will kill those left behind. That money will continue to buy the best facilities, best coaches AND best players (NIL). Also, those schools will appeal to recruits by selling the fact that if you want to play against the best and play for championships, come to SEC or Big 10. Hell, look at the makeup of the teams that were just in Omaha- 6 SEC teams.

MONEY, MONEY. MONEY has always been the carrot and will continue to separate the haves from the have nots. SEC and Big Ten talking about each school getting $100M with new TV contracts. What is ACC paying out? That $60M per year deficit will take its toll. Its foolish to think otherwise.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic