Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 101

Texas A&M recruiting

Jun 30, 2022, 12:17 PM

There is a video going viral right now of a Texas A&M recruiting visit & the recruiter is heard telling the recruits “if you come play here, you are going to be given a lot of money from the people in these suites” as he points to the suites from Kyle Field.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas A&M recruiting

Jun 30, 2022, 12:20 PM

It's not like they can sell winning recent championships.

Jun 30, 2022, 12:21 PM

link?

Jun 30, 2022, 2:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdZdrRdM4SY

Jun 30, 2022, 12:23 PM

Showing them the Benjamins . . . Some will jump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 12:31 PM

Every time I hear stories like this I think of Jim Thorpe and what he went thru in 1912.

Jun 30, 2022, 12:28 PM

It is currently within the rules and it's what they have to offer. Of course they will make sure recruits know what they can expect if they sign with A&M.

Nice 8th post,

Jun 30, 2022, 12:34 PM

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice 8th post,

Jun 30, 2022, 12:55 PM

Not a coot. Just a realist.

That’s what every coot says***

Jun 30, 2022, 1:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s what every coot says***

Jun 30, 2022, 1:46 PM

Well, coot or not, anyone who is surprised that A&M would recruit this way is naive.

Jun 30, 2022, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M recruiting ]

Actually using NIL as a recruiting tool is not within the rules. Technically these players are to be contacted separately from the private entity (collective) and given offers. And the offer should not include only if you attend this school. But there’s verbiage that can be used to get around that. But if there is a video showing a football staffer telling a potential recruit that he’ll get paid if he comes to A&M then no that’s not within the rules.

Jun 30, 2022, 12:29 PM

It is currently within the rules and it's what they have to offer. Of course they will make sure recruits know what they can expect if they sign with A&M.

Jun 30, 2022, 12:36 PM

Here’s the link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdZdrRdM4SY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMWfHYL3EdE

There’s no mention of who the person is making these statements, but there’s enough video that it should be possible to identify him.

Visually, in reviewing their staff pictures, he looks a lot like graduate asst., Rohan Gaines, but it could also be a player sponsor I suppose.

Here are their staff profiles-

https://12thman.com/sports/football/coaches

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 12:48 PM

But Jimbo said they don't do that. Haha he is one the biggest jokes in college football.

Jun 30, 2022, 1:24 PM

Ctigers4 said:

But Jimbo said they don't do that. Haha he is one the biggest jokes in college football.

Every time I see JimBob interviewed at a game it looks like he hasn’t shaved in a couple of days. What’s up with that? Good luck charm maybe?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 12:52 PM

It's allowing Pay to Play, simple as that. NIL was supposed to be for TV, Print, Radio or personal appearances but not at Big Oil Schools, they just have boosters giving the kids money to play. Why do you think Joseph decommitted and went to Miami? Big money alums and drug money in South Beach are funding the Hurricanes

Jun 30, 2022, 12:58 PM

It is the prevalent and current state of college football. Professional players in your school's uniform. Sis-Boom-Bah!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if it's happening at aTm, the NCAA won't do anything

Jun 30, 2022, 1:00 PM

about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Some thoughts on NIL? It, along with the portal, could

Jun 30, 2022, 1:17 PM

possible ruin college football. You're going to inflate SOME egos and SOME attitudes will become worse. Some players are going to feel they are above everyone else and will become an "I" player. POSSIBLY more players will be in the news for the wrong reasons. SOME will not be able to handle the amounts of money thrown their way, SOME have an entourage, expensive cars, etc.

These are some thoughts I see that can happen and the key word is "some".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So essentially Nick Saban was correct...

Jun 30, 2022, 1:20 PM

Of course Jimbo never really refuted anything that Saban said - just got all crybaby about it while hiding behind the old "these are 17 year old kids" routine.

As to the specific comments from some A&M dude - probably nothing "illegal" with what he said but it does speak to the culture that surrounds Jimbo Fisher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So essentially Nick Saban was correct...

Jun 30, 2022, 1:51 PM

I agree and Saban never bashed the kids just said they were bought.

TAMU Recruiting Bored >>>>>>>>>>>>***

Jun 30, 2022, 1:50 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 2:07 PM

He is right. They will make a lot of money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic