Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of phones...cases.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 102

Speaking of phones...cases.

Sep 11, 2023, 2:13 PM

Pretty much a non-discussion for the past almost 15 years of smartphones, get a thicker case if you're a clutz and drop your phone a lot, thinner one if not, but in any "case", it's basically going to cover your phone besides the screen. I'm in the latter category--probably drop my phone once or twice a year. I was skeptical of the Arc case, but also intrigued enough to give it a try.

After 3-4 months, it's now my favorite of any I've had. You still get to actually "feel" the slim iPhone out of the box, instead of covering it up the day you get it and basically not seeing it again. Naked iPhones are also kinda slick, so I added some thin grip tape to the sides. Works like a charm. Case will protect as well or better than most for drops on flat surfaces. Drop it on something NOT flat and it gets a little dicier, but that's the tradeoff, I reckon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Otterbox defender is the only answer***

Sep 11, 2023, 2:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're one of the aforementioned clumsy people, I see.***

Sep 11, 2023, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heres an idea

Sep 11, 2023, 2:18 PM

Listen up Apple, I like your phones as much as the next guy, and considering what we pay for it….PUT IT IN A FING CASE FROM THE MANUFACTURER THAT WONT SHATTER LIKE A 5 YR OLDS FEELINGS IF YOU HAPPEN TO DROP IT. That’s all.

I've never dropped a phone

Sep 11, 2023, 2:19 PM

hard enough to crack the screen.

Guess that will prob change this week. Thanks, jerk.

I don't consider myself a klutz, but I do drop my phone

Sep 11, 2023, 2:22 PM

probably more than average for some reason. I've lost two phones to the toilet. Dropped it on the countertop at the sink and the damn thing bounced sideways and dives into the toilet like it had MFing eyes. Couldn't make it happen if I tried. Bizarre.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

OMG

Sep 11, 2023, 2:39 PM

wait, no, OMC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

I just use the case that came with my phone.

Sep 11, 2023, 2:42 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This one is amazing. And so cheap that once it gets

Sep 11, 2023, 2:44 PM

scratched pretty good I just buy another one.

Also completely water proof. Dropped my phone in the waves in dirty myrtle and didn't skip a beat. Kept playing Jimmy Buffett like it's life depended on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

so is the price proportional to the amount of actual case?

Sep 11, 2023, 3:43 PM

yeah right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 102
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic