Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB room predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

QB room predictions

Feb 4, 2023, 11:18 AM

Despite missing out on Walker White, there are still several good options for the Tigers in '24 class. Looking ahead for '23, it's going to be interesting to see how things shake out behind Cade K. in the backup QB race. I am going to guess the experience of Paul Tyson will give him an edge over Chris Vizzina through the Spring Game, but the battle will continue through the Summer Workouts and then we'll get to see if experience wins out over talent for the backup spot going into Fall Camp.

QB-1: Klubnick
QB-2: Tyson
QB-3: Vizzina

With the scholarship crunch going on, I saw Hunter Helms as a guy in danger...I'm guessing that he will be one of the first to hit the Portal after the Spring Game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB room predictions

Feb 4, 2023, 11:31 AM

I think everyone will be surprisingly pleased with Vizzina.

Feb 4, 2023, 4:22 PM

What makes you say that? I keep hearing people talk about how wonderful he is and that's why White turned us down. But looking at it, I don't see it. Let's compare Trevor's, DJ's and Cade's high school stats with his. It's true he probably has the worst team of the three, but he also played against terrible competition comparatively.

Trevor: 69% completions, 3,290 yards, 41 touchdowns, 1 interception, 222 rushing yards, 3 TDs, undefeated

DJ: 64.5% completions, 4,225 yards, 48 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 412 rushing yards, 8 TDs, lost one game but came back to beat them and win the national championship

Cade: 71.1% completions, 3,215 yards, 43 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 432 rushing yards, 10 TDs, undefeated

Vizzina: 64.1% completions, 1,828 yards, 16 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 341 rushing yards, 7 TDs

Vizzina's statistics are horrible. While he made the Elite 11, he didn't do well, finishing #14. He similarly didn't greatly impress in any camps. While QB coaches sang the above QBs praises, everyone has commented on Vizzina's flawed mechanic. He also didn't make the All America Bowl (the one Woods dominated in). So what exactly are you seeing here?

Feb 4, 2023, 2:50 PM

coachmac said:

Despite missing out on Walker White, there are still several good options for the Tigers in '24 class. Looking ahead for '23, it's going to be interesting to see how things shake out behind Cade K. in the backup QB race. I am going to guess the experience of Paul Tyson will give him an edge over Chris Vizzina through the Spring Game, but the battle will continue through the Summer Workouts and then we'll get to see if experience wins out over talent for the backup spot going into Fall Camp.

QB-1: Klubnick
QB-2: Tyson
QB-3: Vizzina

With the scholarship crunch going on, I saw Hunter Helms as a guy in danger...I'm guessing that he will be one of the first to hit the Portal after the Spring Game.

I may be wrong, but I believe the focus in the QB room will be on the development of both Klubnik and Vizzina as our QBs of the future. Tyson's role will be the voice of experience & seniority, with the young QBs relying on his experiences as the back-up when he was at Alabama. He'll get his chance on the field for mop-up at the end of the game after Klubnik and Vizzina (in that order) have taken the majority of snaps. I see his role as more of a "player-coach", with his role in the rotation only making a move if injury (or slow development) of the young QBs enters the picture.

Hunter Helms will also only enter the rotation because of injury, or if his development suddenly jumps out (and can't be ignored). I also agree that he may be drawn into the Transfer Portal after the Spring game if he loses his scholarship & is again relegated to walk-on status, because of the scholarship crunch due to all the returning players that are using their extra year of COVID eligibility. However, that may not be an issue if other players decide to use the Transfer Portal after the Spring game. Also, due to his seniority & loyalty, I believe he'll be the last of the players facing the possibility of being relegated to "walk-on" status (after RB Domonique Thomas & LS Holden Caspersen)--but Domonique Thomas might jump him because of the lack of RB experience after Shiply & Mafah. Otherwise, I don't see Helms entering the Portal unless a good opportunity to actually play elsewhere presents itself.

Just MHO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic