Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Outta the clink
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Outta the clink

Jan 23, 2022, 10:55 AM

About 10 years ago my wife rescued a Aloe plant from prison. I worked there at the time and it was in the jailhouse greenhouse. 2 small sprigs in a small pot. She put it on her sunroom and lookie whut happened. I think it likes life on the lamb. Anybody live near foothills of N.C.(Taylorsville) and want a cutting just hit me up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

You going to craft a shank to cut it?

Jan 23, 2022, 10:59 AM

I feel like that’s how the plant would want it to be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You going to craft a shank to cut it?

Jan 23, 2022, 11:01 AM

That's a good idea, but I ain't gonna suitcase it if the wife catches me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer

If you need any advice

Jan 23, 2022, 11:16 AM

I think that Johnny fella will be your go to.

Re: Outta the clink

Jan 23, 2022, 11:03 AM

A plant out of prison? Looks to be very healthy. She has done a fantastic job!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

About five years ago

Jan 23, 2022, 11:22 AM

I repotted this one using only one healthy baby. Not wanting to “waste” and in an effort to respect all life, I went to Walmart and bought about a dozen cheap plastic pots and transplanted most of the babies, then handed them out to everyone I knew, including the girl who sold me the pots. This plant sits quietly in the corner, eschews direct sunlight and appreciates the occasional flood of water it gets when I can remember to give it some…and propagates like crazy. I’m thinking its time to thin again, but not sure anyone else wants any more of these. Go Tigers!

Re: About five years ago

Jan 23, 2022, 11:25 AM

But always keep some around, the natural gel inside is the best thing in the world for burns and scrapes!

Beautiful plant. And the wall color, wall art and hardwoods

Jan 23, 2022, 12:33 PM

look great. Your room looks like your wife has great taste.

I have a similar story. About 9 years ago, for a about two weeks, I kept seeing this dying plant at Publix. Someone had dumped it, still in the little plastic pot ii comes in at the store. It was on its side and just looked completely dead. I couldn't believe it was in the same spot a week later. At that point, I touched it and, though it had no leaves, it did not feel dead and brittle. So I put in the car and brought it home. It was about a half foot tall. I planted it in this really big planter. Nine years later it is in a large pot on my deck. It is a tree of some sort. It loses leaves in the fall and gets them back in the spring. It is about three and half feet tall and getting thicker and is beautiful. Every time I look at it, I think about it in that scorching parking lot and just discarded. I am really glad I saved it. Your plant is really gorgeous.

Re: Beautiful plant. And the wall color, wall art and hardwoods

Jan 23, 2022, 1:42 PM

You did good.....take a bow!

monter le cheval de fer

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic