Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1 of Our FOUNDERS told me to tell you that we'll celebrating 2 days late
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

1 of Our FOUNDERS told me to tell you that we'll celebrating 2 days late

Jul 4, 2022, 10:03 PM

since he & his buddies actually finalized the Declaration of Independence on July 2nd and they celebrated but they didn't have Twitter, FB or Instagram to alert us commoners..

and that Paul Revere couldn't be bothered to shout out a notice since he was involved in a much bigger story to yell about..

one involving two west coast college football teams leaving their conference for a conference in the north.

I told him all's ok and that the 4th suited us just fine to celebrate & shoot off cheap Chinese-made firecrackers but we'll a bit upset about the football thingie~

LOL!

Note: The Declaration of Independence went to Congress on the 4th to be ratified but was approved two days earlier by all the Delegates on July 2nd.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1 of Our FOUNDERS told me to tell you that we'll celebrating 2 days late

Jul 5, 2022, 6:41 AM

Thank God Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum uploaded that virus to make it all possible!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2022, 10:37 AM

Here is an excerpt from a post in CTH the last refuge about the particulars of the DofI events:

[The colonies had been in conflict with England for over a year in June of 1776. A Continental Congress convened in Philadelphia on June 7 of that year. Richard Henry Lee from Virginia offered up a resolution with these now famous words:

“Resolved: That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent States, that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved.”

Lee’s words spurred the drafting of the Declaration of Independence. A committee of five was appointed to draft a statement making the case for the colonies, a statement to the world of the intent and the reason behind that intent.

Members of the Committee were John Adams of Massachusetts, Roger Sherman of Connecticut, Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania, Robert R. Livingston of New York and Thomas Jefferson of Virginia. Jefferson took on the task of actually drafting the document as we know it today.

The Continental Congress reconvened on July 1, 1776, and on the following day, the resolution for independence by Lee was adopted by 12 of the 13 colonies, with New York not voting. Minor changes were made to the Jefferson document.

Work on the document continued through July 3 and into the afternoon of July 4, when the Declaration was officially adopted by the Congress. Of the 13 colonies, nine voted in favor of the Declaration, two — Pennsylvania and South Carolina — voted No, Delaware was undecided and New York again abstained.

As we all know, John Hancock, President of the Congress made his signature large enough for King George to read “without his spectacles.”]

Posted by Menagerie at www.conservativetreehouse.com

BTW there is a link in the posting that goes to an article that discusses what happened to all those that signed the document. These were all men that had the means to live above the royal tyranny and still they put it all on the line for freedom. Well worth checking out.

Jul 5, 2022, 10:40 AM

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/07/04/why-we-celebrate-the-fourth-of-july/

The above is the entire posting for those interested.

below is the link to article about the tribulations the signees had after the DofI was ratified.

https://nhccs.org/Destiny.html

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic