Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Officiating was good overall yesterday, IMO...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Officiating was good overall yesterday, IMO...

Oct 24, 2021, 12:47 PM

The whining about the refs yesterday was very cootish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Officiating was good overall yesterday, IMO...

Oct 24, 2021, 12:57 PM

Unlike Clemson, I believe the officiating "is what it is". It is frustrating that holding has gotten to be such a part of the game. It is frustrating that DB's having contact beyond 5 yards and constantly holding and interfering has become a part of the game. What might be the most frustrating is that our o-line and DB's have not adjusted to being able to do things that are supposed to be against the rules.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2021, 1:54 PM

I thought late it got bad against Pitt and pro Clemson but we couldnt capitalize on it. The imaginary targeting on Spector was bad but it was a pf.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2021, 2:21 PM

pitt was caught holding several times so to me they were not

Oct 24, 2021, 2:34 PM

caught enough they held every down.

They were only "caught holding" AFTER Pitt built its lead.

Oct 24, 2021, 7:14 PM

They were literally tackling some of our guys long before that, with NO calls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2021, 2:38 PM

If by "good" you mean: equal number of horrendous calls and no-calls on both sides of the ball, then maybe you are not completely nuts.

The officiating was horrendous overall. Also, the number of game-outcome-affecting no calls and bad calls was tilted in favor of Pittsburgh. We got lots of garbage time holding calls once the game was over, but they meant nothing. Its almost like someone was satisfied all their bets would hit, and wanted the game to look fairly called from a statistical standpoint.

Oct 24, 2021, 7:04 PM

If by "good" you mean: equal number of horrendous calls and no-calls on both sides of the ball, then maybe you are not completely nuts.

The officiating was horrendous overall. Also, the number of game-outcome-affecting no calls and bad calls was tilted in favor of Pittsburgh. We got lots of garbage time holding calls once the game was over, but they meant nothing. Its almost like someone was satisfied all their bets would hit, and wanted the game to look fairly called from a statistical standpoint.

My read is penalties prevented two touchdowns for Pit in the second half.

9 penalties vs 4 for us. On two consecutive drives, there there 3 penalties in a row when they got to the RedZone. ??

Oct 24, 2021, 7:48 PM

A truly cynical person might see those penalties in the 2nd half stalling Pitt drives as not "helping Clemson," but as controlling the over/under bet.

Oct 24, 2021, 5:53 PM

Well, we didn't lose because of it, but officiating this year, particularly in the SEC has been dismal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2021, 6:10 PM

When the announcer says, "Well, you could call holding on almost every play." There IS a problem! A rule is a rule! If there's holding, CALL IT!! If you have to call it on every play, call it on every play. Eventually, they'll get the picture. If you're not going to call it, change the rules to make it legal for everybody.

The officiating, per the rules, was the worst I've ever seen! Unfortunately, it was on par with most 2021 officiating.

ST

Remember when Oklahoma put tear away jerseys

Oct 24, 2021, 6:24 PM

on their D linemen? That got nipped in the bud quickly.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic