»
Topic: Officiating was good overall yesterday, IMO...
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 24, 2021, 7:48 PM by: IrmoSleeperAgent
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Officiating was good overall yesterday, IMO...

[2]
Oct 24, 2021, 12:47 PM

The whining about the refs yesterday was very cootish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Officiating was good overall yesterday, IMO...

Oct 24, 2021, 12:57 PM

Unlike Clemson, I believe the officiating "is what it is". It is frustrating that holding has gotten to be such a part of the game. It is frustrating that DB's having contact beyond 5 yards and constantly holding and interfering has become a part of the game. What might be the most frustrating is that our o-line and DB's have not adjusted to being able to do things that are supposed to be against the rules.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 1:54 PM

I thought late it got bad against Pitt and pro Clemson but we couldnt capitalize on it. The imaginary targeting on Spector was bad but it was a pf.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link

[1]
Oct 24, 2021, 2:21 PM

I thought it started off bad with the missed PI on Pitt and several missed holdings I also thought a PI called on us was bs. Outside of those, I thought they mostly got it right and Pitt had a lot of calls against them.

2021 orange level member flag link

pitt was caught holding several times so to me they were not

Oct 24, 2021, 2:34 PM

caught enough they held every down.

flag link

They were only "caught holding" AFTER Pitt built its lead.

Oct 24, 2021, 7:14 PM

They were literally tackling some of our guys long before that, with NO calls.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 2:38 PM

If by "good" you mean: equal number of horrendous calls and no-calls on both sides of the ball, then maybe you are not completely nuts.

The officiating was horrendous overall. Also, the number of game-outcome-affecting no calls and bad calls was tilted in favor of Pittsburgh. We got lots of garbage time holding calls once the game was over, but they meant nothing. Its almost like someone was satisfied all their bets would hit, and wanted the game to look fairly called from a statistical standpoint.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 7:04 PM

If by "good" you mean: equal number of horrendous calls and no-calls on both sides of the ball, then maybe you are not completely nuts.

The officiating was horrendous overall. Also, the number of game-outcome-affecting no calls and bad calls was tilted in favor of Pittsburgh. We got lots of garbage time holding calls once the game was over, but they meant nothing. Its almost like someone was satisfied all their bets would hit, and wanted the game to look fairly called from a statistical standpoint.

My read is penalties prevented two touchdowns for Pit in the second half.

9 penalties vs 4 for us. On two consecutive drives, there there 3 penalties in a row when they got to the RedZone. ??

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 7:48 PM

A truly cynical person might see those penalties in the 2nd half stalling Pitt drives as not "helping Clemson," but as controlling the over/under bet.

flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 5:53 PM

Well, we didn't lose because of it, but officiating this year, particularly in the SEC has been dismal.

military_donation.jpg flag link

Oct 24, 2021, 6:10 PM

When the announcer says, "Well, you could call holding on almost every play." There IS a problem! A rule is a rule! If there's holding, CALL IT!! If you have to call it on every play, call it on every play. Eventually, they'll get the picture. If you're not going to call it, change the rules to make it legal for everybody.

The officiating, per the rules, was the worst I've ever seen! Unfortunately, it was on par with most 2021 officiating.

ST

flag link

Remember when Oklahoma put tear away jerseys

Oct 24, 2021, 6:24 PM

on their D linemen? That got nipped in the bud quickly.

2021 purple level member flag link

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: Eight (8) tickets in Section 517, Row 21. Will sell all or any for $45/ticket OBO...text or call 704...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1001 people have read this post