Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive Rebounding .......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Offensive Rebounding .......

Feb 4, 2023, 7:26 PM

heard Brownell in posy game interview belly aching that we are not rebounding the offensive boards! He77 no we aren't ..... we are running toward the other end of the court when a shot goes up. I can't believe that our guys are not being instructed to do that. I think we were out rebounded by something like 9 - 2 and those 2 were when our guy was stuck under the board and couldn't haul a** down court.

I'm not sure that we can even split our remaining games playing like we have the last two.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive Rebounding .......

Feb 4, 2023, 8:00 PM

Anybody paying attention will see you're 100% correct, and it's the same in every game, look back at the FSU game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 9:07 PM

I have been noticing that for at least the last four years, could be longer. They have to be taught that.

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Feb 4, 2023, 9:11 PM

Bruh - they have to get back as soon as the ball goes up to play that hard nose defense that is the trademark of the Brownell era.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 9:13 PM

It seems by plan that we do not rebound when on defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 4, 2023, 11:41 PM

Certainly. It happens every game and in a game like this one where we have a size advantage, there is no reason not to hit the boards. I guarantee you, Bacot of UNC will get 5 offensive rebounds against us.

When is the last time one of our guys has followed their shot for an offensive rebound. A UM player did it at least one time today for a basket.

Message was edited by: TigerLinks®

Plus - too many threes are thrown up with nobody near the

Feb 5, 2023, 8:45 AM

board and not even in position to get a long rebound if it hit the front rim hard.

Feb 5, 2023, 9:40 AM

he did not want to give Miami anything easy in transition. We make those shots then there are no rebounds to put on the stat sheet. The problem is we missed far too may open shots yesterday, which is what cost us the game, not offensive rebounding.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2023, 9:47 AM

We missed a lot of easy close shots too, as did Miami. We outshot Miami in FG, FT and 3pt attempts. We had almost nothing on the offensive glass.

Miami got multiple shot attempts and killed us on the offensive glass disparity.

We weren’t competitive on the glass. We shot 40% from 3 pt and mid 40’s I believe on FG.

Too me the rebounding was the story.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2023, 10:06 AM

Brownell had our guys backpedaling the second the shot was in the air. looking at the stat sheet, we shot 40% from 3, and 48% overall, so I stand corrected, rebounds cost us this one.

Feb 5, 2023, 10:11 AM

But we did miss a lot of shots in the paint.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2023, 10:13 AM

The thing that struck me was that we hoisted 25 3's against a team, that can run the floor. It could have been ugly had we only hit on 25% of them.

Been that way for YEARS

Feb 5, 2023, 12:33 PM

This is the first time that the Tigers have been making a lot more shots than ever and it hasn’t been as evident. Doesn’t help that they are jacking up the shots without very many passes. CBB doesn’t have any offensive plays to run, so they treat the half court like a game of H-O-R-S-E.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic