Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame / CFB Playoffs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Notre Dame / CFB Playoffs

Nov 28, 2021, 8:24 AM

Do not see the Irish as a playoff team. They did not play Clemson, NCSU, Wake or Pitt - the four middling but top teams in the ACC. They lost to one of only two good teams on their schedule. Top win was against 3-loss Wisconsin.

Leaning to OK State as team #4 if they win out. They will be pressed to beat Sooners two games in a row.

This is UGA's year if they do not choke vs. Bama.

Forecasted Playoffs:
UGA
MICH
CINCY
OK ST

MICH and UGA look close to locks. If BAMA beats UGA in SEC conf. championship, CINCY or OK ST gets the boot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame / CFB Playoffs

Nov 28, 2021, 8:40 AM

First things first. Although Notre Dame is the only school in the country that can decide if they play as part of a conference ,or as an independent, they are not a full member of the ACC in football( Go look at the standings if you don't believe me, (Even ESPN list them as an independent) and they can in fact pretty much pick and choose which teams they want to play.
IMO, if Notre Dame is to get in they have to have Cincinnati lose and Georgia to manhandle Alabama. If the Tide beats the Dawg's both schools are in and that leaves only one school, and that would more than likely be Michigan if they win the Big 10 Title game or OK ST. if Michigan loses.
Best chance of Notre Dame being a factor year in and year out is to join a conference, and the chances of that are slim, and none, and none left the building.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic