Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No way around it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,172

No way around it

Mar 25, 2023, 5:26 PM

This team simply doesn't have enough quality pitching to win games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way around it

Mar 25, 2023, 5:50 PM

Would have been nice to have Mack Anglin back this season...might have made a big difference when it comes to a Friday night or Saturday starter

Mar 25, 2023, 6:37 PM

Yeah. When that kid Brock Porter turned down CU for the draft it hurt too.

Mar 25, 2023, 6:51 PM

I had quit watching baseball last couple years because of my frustrations with Monte ball. Started watching again this year to see what Bakich can do to turn this team around.

So far, I love everything I see except the pitching is horrible. Well, Bakich had to deal with the hand he was dealt and that is obviously no quality pitching.

Jimmy Belanger, he is one of the top 10 pitching coaches in the NCAA. If he is not too 10, he is definitely top 20 but he is considered a premier pitching coach that any school would love to have so I assume the top 10 is adequate. So if our pitching stinks, then I can only assume the recruitment stunk and the development was worse under the coaching of Monte Lee.

That now being a factor, its going to take Bakich probably 2 more yrs to build and develop his pitchers. Other than that, I think Bakich will take Clemson back to Omaha. Getting close to halfway thru season and he has already doubled the stolen bases from last year. He is aggressive offensively and if pitching catches up, we are on a great trajectory!

Mar 25, 2023, 7:31 PM

2 more years to build and develop pitching?? You get three total if you have a quality pitching staff. Years ago, nearly every pitcher we had was drafted out of high school. They played three and were gone.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,172
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic