Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Air Raid Concepts!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,041

No Air Raid Concepts!

Nov 28, 2022, 12:55 PM

For anyone who has grown up watching teams run the air raid offense; are you like me and "NOT SEEING THE AIR RAID"?

I'm not. Where are the crossing routes across the middle? Where are the y-sticks? Where are the seam routes? Hitches? And hitche and goes?

I suspect this happend. Dabo gives Coach Streeter the opportunity to be OC. He's thrilled!
But, then Dabo says, "but use this man's passing game"!
Technically, Kyle Richardson is the passing game coordinator!

Back to that though!

Now, once you finally get your opportunity at a FBS - P5 school and your Alma Matter - "are you really going to run somebody else's stuff"? Or are you more likely to go with the stuff you did at Richmond where you were successful? Or the Clemson stuff that got you two National Championships?

Are you going to basically just be the run game coordinator and play caller on gameday?

I don't think so!

I personally would love to see our offense under Kyle Richardson after having a full week to prepare them "his way"! The air raid offense gets dudes open between the 20 yard lines. With a kicker like B.T. Potter if we had that - even if teams clamped on us in the Red area - we are almost guaranteed 3 points.

Just my thoughts; not law! Not trying to tell anyone to do anything; just my thoughts.

Very frustrating knowing you have an offensive savant on staff; who is not being utilized 100%! Especially, when we are clearly struggling on offense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Air Raid Concepts!

Nov 28, 2022, 6:21 PM

Note: not proclaiming to know; that's what happened. Pure speculation!

Richardson is the passing game coordinator

Nov 28, 2022, 7:17 PM

He’s also the TE coach. I’m not sure how get gets a scapegoat here. He’s as much to blame until someone comes out ans says its their fault (still waiting).

I mean, look at the Streeter interview after the game. He’s asked about the TE’s and says “yah, I guess we should have done that”. Duh. They are one of the best offensive units we have. Id be fine scrapping the WRs at this point (Antonio would have to move to TE, WR or RB). But Streeter’s response indicates they weren’t even IN THE PLAN. How does a passing coordinator leave HIS position group out of the plan?

Like all if this, nothing is adding up. So, Richardson is still in the stew. He’s just in the “1 project coach at a time” pot vs Streeter being in the “week old leftovers” one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TE, QB or RB***

Nov 28, 2022, 7:18 PM

Nov 28, 2022, 7:21 PM

How can you run an Air Raid offense with a QB that can’t complete 30% of his passes against a crap Syracuse or coot defense?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2022, 7:37 PM

How can you run an Air Raid offense with a QB that can’t complete 30% of his passes against a crap Syracuse or coot defense?

When you see teams that run this offensive system; you often see receivers(wide, RB or TE or otherwise) come wide open.
One thing is a lot of crossing routes! By a lot I mean; "every play"!

Because we want a fast good guy against a slower linebacker or safety type bad guy who should have an advantage. He could do that; much like the West Coast offense/ often the QB only has to throw it a few yards. The receiver does the rest and because of the "dESIgn" they often have room to run after they get the ball "IN SPACE"!

But, I get what you are getting at. I think the system itself though; would help with his completion percentage!

Nov 28, 2022, 7:54 PM

I prefer the run and shoot.

Nov 28, 2022, 9:25 PM

The run and shoot requires too much reading by the WR. And, if the QB doesn't read it the same way the WR does; you get a bunch of incomplete passes.
If it's done well; it's hard to stop though.

I think we need to upgrade the OL more for something like that. Which we could get away with vs. BC or VT. Sometimes the QB and WR if they aren't on the same page; you could take unnecessary sacks or TFL's.
Great thing about the Air Raid - it doesn't require and overly dominant OL. But, if you also have that, even better.

IN short, in my dreams, it's the air raid offense I would love to see at Clemson. The rns is good; but could get us in trouble against equal talent or better talent.

Nov 28, 2022, 10:28 PM

Not true. Our DB’s are running the Air Raid Concept.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic