Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need an offensive analyst ASAP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Need an offensive analyst ASAP

Sep 26, 2021, 9:00 AM

Steve Sarkisian isn't going anywhere soon, but I'm sure someone is available to fill the roll.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need an offensive analyst ASAP

Sep 26, 2021, 9:11 AM

Take your head out of the sand and admit that our players just do not have it this year. WE got fat and happy at the top of the mountain but now, teams are outworking us. Prognosticators do not win games, player do and our players are not getting the job done. It starts in the locker room, not in the coach's offices.

Re: Need an offensive analyst ASAP

Sep 26, 2021, 10:06 AM

Some might be on the players but it’s the coach’s job to get them prepared. When we brought in Morris, who certainly wasn’t perfect there was some ingenuity and the ability to scheme around our weaknesses to put us in advantageous situations to succeed (i.e. playing with tempo, misdirection, unbalanced formations, etc…) when he left we were still doing some of those things, but at that point our talent was just that much better than most everyone else.

There has been no innovation the last 4 years and we just keep doing the same thing. It’s been slowly catching up to us. We don’t have the OL to pound out a running game like we did with Gallman or Etienne, and they can’t hold blocks long enough to air it out. On top of that our highly recruited WR corps can’t get separation, not sure if that’s lack of being physical, poor route running, or poor scheming.

If there is going to be any level of success this season they are going to have to rely on creative scheming to outsmart defenses, because we just don’t have a team that can overpower opponents with a traditional approach. Get back to sweeps, slants, screens, options, and tempo.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic