Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My prediction for this weekend.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,135

My prediction for this weekend.

Oct 25, 2021, 2:09 PM

Clemson will win, but that's not the prediction I am talking about. Here it is:

FSU has developed a good running attack. Seems like Travis Jordan has gotten comfortable with the running game offense Norvell uses. It is a combination of inside zone, outside zone, RPO and just straight handoffs. We have two very good running backs, Corbin and Ward. Both are capable of turning good plays into long gains. Travis is very shifty. He not only makes good reads, but he is quick enough to avoid pressure and to make a guy miss as he's running downfield. He's easily the best running QB we have had since Charlie Ward.

So, Venables is going to game plan thusly (at least this is my prediction).

1. Load the box and make FSU throw the ball.
2. Rush 5 or 6 people on every play, sometimes even 7 and dare Jordan to avoid the pressure and make the throw.
3. Have enough people in the box so the QB can't just read the DE, or any one player, on zone reads or RPO. One guy will be assigned the QB on every play.
4. Did I mention that he will shut down the running game and make FSU throw the ball?

If we can throw the ball well enough to keep the defense honest we might have a puncher's chance. But, if we expect to win the game by having Travis stand in the pocket and throw for 300 yards it's gonna be a long day. Our offense is predicated on making the proper reads on zone runs and RPOs and on our QB making plays with his legs. That's hard to do with 7 or 8 guys in the box.

One thing y'all should look for. Norvell runs out of funky formations. He likes to use two tight ends, which he lines up with both in the backfield (essentailly becoming H backs) and a TB on the field as well, and splitting both WRs to the same side of the field. Both WRs are on the line, so the inside guy is ineligible. I haven't seen anybody do this yet, but I'm thinking that set will be an automatic corner blitz. The guy on the inside can't go downfield on a pass play, so no need to cover him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My prediction for this weekend.

Oct 25, 2021, 2:11 PM

I see FSU winning. Good luck, but you probably won’t need it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My prediction for this weekend.

Oct 25, 2021, 2:27 PM

Well put, thanks for sharing.

My prediction: Early in the second quarter Clemson is averaging 5+ yards/carry. Clemson breaks a run for 20+ yards. That is the last called run play FSU's defense has to defend for the remainder of the game.

Even so, Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you're more optimistic than most of us.

Oct 25, 2021, 3:03 PM

/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,135
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic