GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Mario Cristobal update.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 6  

Mario Cristobal update.

[4]
Dec 4, 2021, 9:22 AM

ESPN is reporting that Cristobal has acknowledged reports that Oregon is working a a new contract with him. Then he added that other schools may contact him after the game last night.

Immediate speculation is he Miami is going to make a serious run at him. They talk about "When momma calls you gotta listen." He played college football there. He has family ties there.

All that may be true. I can't imagine leaving Phil Knight's gold mine and heading to the cesspool of Miami. I can't imagine Miami having the money to pay him. But, in these days of college football I am obviously clueless. So much so, if he goes to Miami I will say, "I don't understand why, but whatever."

However, my mind immediately went to another school - Oklahoma.

1. Oklahoma AD said that several people had contacted them and were very interested in the job. "People who would surprise you." Maybe, just maybe, he was telling the truth. (Riley to USC, Kelly to LSU - two surprising names.)

2. Cristobal is clearly in the position, based on his statement, that his agent is getting two (at least) schools into a bidding war. Oregon and somebody. What if that somebody is Oklahoma, not Miami?

3. Oregon certainly played like a team last night who was totally unprepared and uninspired. They played like a team with a coach they knew was leaving.

So, putting all that together, I think Cristobal has put himself in the same position as Jimbo was at FSU. He's looking to leave. He wants to leave. It may not be this year (Jimbo flirted with LSU the year before he left for aTm.)

Conventional wisdom says it is Miami. What if the Miami rumors are just a convenient smokescreen, like Riley to LSU was and tomorrow or Monday, Cristobal is at a press conference in Norman?

I'm not predicting it will happen. Just saying if it does I won't be surprised.

Message was edited by: bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link

Re: Mario Cristobal update.

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 9:27 AM

I’m not sold on the guy like many others seem to be. He can’t seem to win at a high enough level in the PAC12 to get into the playoff. Even with all the resources and advantages that they have in a weak PAC12.

flag link

One flaw in all of this

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 9:32 AM

is Miami doesn’t actually have an opening. Unless I missed something.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Yep - seems that Manny Diaz is that old girlfriend that

[2]
Dec 4, 2021, 9:38 AM

Miami is keeping around until they have a sure thing with the next shiny object.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Re: One flaw in all of this

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 10:19 AM

That's the easy part.

If Cristobal goes to Miami, then the AD hire will be made with him actually giving the OK to hiring Cristobal as part of his negotiations.

(I didn't say that well. I hope you can translate.)

Let me try this: If Diaz is fired and Cristobal is hired, then I think it is highly likely that the new AD has been involved in discussions with Miami and has approved that action even before he is initially announced as AD.

Re: One flaw in all of this

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 10:29 AM

But, upon further review, you make a good point.

It makes no sense for Miami to be in serious negotiations with Cristobal.

But, it does make sense for Oklahoma to be serious negotiations with him.

Re: Mario Cristobal update.

[1]
Dec 4, 2021, 9:36 AM

Just don't see anyone pursuing him after the past couple of games.

flag link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 40-yard line. Section P, Row E, Seats 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 26. Also Row F, Seats 22 and 24. W...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1996 people have read this post