Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KFT Q School Final Stage - Savannah, GA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

KFT Q School Final Stage - Savannah, GA

Oct 26, 2021, 1:11 PM

Unless I'm overlooking someone, we have three Tigers in the field for the Korn Ferry Tour Q School Finals next week in Savannah. The first round kicks off on Thursday, November 04.

The top medalist is fully exempt for all KFT events next season.
Finishers 2-10 are exempt through the first two re-orders of the KFT season.
Finishers 11-40 are exempt through the first re-order of the KFT season.
Everyone else earns a KFT card, but is not guaranteed any specific status.

Jonathan can probably secure a spot in several KFT events this season based on being a former PGA TOUR champion, but he is trying for a higher status and more guaranteed starts.

Turk earned his KFT card and conditional status with his 3rd place finish on the Forme Tour, but he will be trying for a higher status and more exemptions.

Carson has earned his KFT card by making it into this final stage, but he doesn't have any specific number of guaranteed starts, so he is playing for higher status and more exemptions.

Hopefully, Turk or Carson can win this thing, and then the other Tigers finish in the Top 10!

https://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq21/event/pgatq2124/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KFT Q School Final Stage - Savannah, GA

Oct 26, 2021, 2:46 PM

Thanks as always. @Schema is on top of it... When it's needed the most. Pulling for all of them. With Billy, we could have like 6 TIGERS in one tournament. Won't that be fun.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2021, 4:57 PM

Yep. It will be interesting to see how many Tigers are in some of the events. Hopefully, we see Bryson trying to Monday qualify into some of them in early 2022, while he waits on the Forme Tour to restart in the Spring or Summer.

Oct 26, 2021, 5:12 PM

So glad you brought that up. Tried to find info on the 2022 forme tour. Glad it was a success and planning to return.

Now, as I think I understand, there will be qualifying for it in June. But it also sounds like some of the golfer rank plays into it also. I got confused... Not surprisingly. Anyway, I will assume we'll see Jacob, Kyle, and perhaps Colby next year. Zack is a senior but I think he's coming back. Thanks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2021, 5:31 PM

I was actually looking around recently to try and find any concrete info on the Forme Tour for 2022. I haven't been able to find anything yet. What I'm curious about is if the pandemic trends in a positive direction and Canada lowers their restrictions on entry, will we go back to the Mackenzie Tour being just below the Korn Ferry Tour in status, or will entering Canada still be tough, forcing the Mackenzie Tour to drop in status and the Forme Tour to be played again like it was in 2021?

Which ever of the two ends up being the bigger one, Bryson should be fully exempt by finishing 30th on this past season's Forme Tour. Of course Turk and Carson would also be fully exempt should things not go well on the Korn Ferry Tour, but let's hope we don't see either of them below the KFT.

I haven't seen anything regarding Q school for the Forme Tour (or Mackenzie Tour), but I would expect Jacob, Kyle, and Colby to give it a shot. Perhaps Nottingham as well since he was able to advance in the KFT Q School recently.

Oct 26, 2021, 5:32 PM

That should be... since he was NOT able to advance in the KFT Q School recently.

Oct 27, 2021, 12:47 PM

This is good news!

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/news/2021/10/25/how-to-watch-final-stage-korn-ferry-tour-qualifying-tournament-q-school.html

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic