Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Finished Watching
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 6
| visibility 1104

Just Finished Watching

May 26, 2024, 10:31 PM

A documentary by William Wyler about the Eight Air Force. What heroes, they had a fifty-fifty chance of surviving and a one in four chance of making twenty five missions.

They put on their gear every day and went on the next mission. What men, what heroes, tomorrow is a day to remember every American who has served their country. But most of all a time to remember the ones who paid the ultimate price giving their lives for their country. SALUTE!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Finished Watching

May 26, 2024, 11:17 PM

My dad made his missions and came home. I studied his squadron and more WWII and found air crew mortality was higher than in the infantry then. Those guys just went and did the job. Never could get them to tell about it . They just jumped in and did what they needed to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he fly after WWII?

May 27, 2024, 2:33 AM

I understand many pilots did not pursue flying after the war. They’d had enough, they understandably.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did he fly after WWII?

May 27, 2024, 3:06 AM

He actually was a tail gunner but got his solo pilots license after the war. Didn't really use it though. Got into fishing / boating

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 7:56 AM

When you love your country about as much as you love your brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers, risking your life to defend them is much easier than some may understand that has never felt that sort of an attachment. Your country is where your home is, and your home is where your heart is. Also, when a person feels that attachment, they never feel that their life is at that great of a risk...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2024, 8:03 AM

The Mighty Eighth....I watched it. It was good and fascinated how brave those dudes were.

I may have seen the same show. There was an 18 year old that enlisted in the

May 27, 2024, 11:38 AM

Airborne because,"He thought that was the quickest way he could get into battle". Different breed 75 years ago....

Replies: 6
| visibility 1104
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next