Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Injuries...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 795

Injuries...

Aug 9, 2022, 9:54 AM

IMO one of the main reasons besides bad luck for all these injuries can be traced back to COVID. I still think we’re a year away from these athletes getting back to complete health. You have to remember some states completely shut football and other sports down. Some of these kids enrolled and hadn’t played their sport in over a year. High caliber athletes are so tuned by reps, weight work, stretching, etc. that sometimes even the slightest adjustment to those routines can produce negative outcomes. Plus, some of them showed up out of shape, physically, strength wise and mentally. This goes across the board for younger athletes and veterans. I’m not a number cruncher but it’d be interesting to see how many of these injured players across all sports are “COVID kids” from the ’20 class. Last, some of these kids just don’t pan out. Their bodies never adjust to the speed, strength and punishment that come with these sports.

I know a current college HC and he played at a high level, national championship 1AA program and he says the speed and collisions alone in this day and age would have caused career ending injuries when he played in the 80’s and these kids just bounce right back up and keep playing. I’m expecting our players to be more healthy this year and even better next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

injuries are getting plain out crazy***

Aug 9, 2022, 9:57 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Injuries...

Aug 9, 2022, 1:09 PM

praying that you're right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Who’s got Danny Poole’s job this season?***

Aug 9, 2022, 1:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 795
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic