Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ingle instead of French at Catcher Game 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mar 25, 2022, 12:33 PM

Interesting that Ingle is getting the start Game 1 with Anglin on the mound. French has caught all of Anglin's previous game this year. Very strange decision by CML. Usually the starting pitcher, especially the ace, has some say in who is battery mate is. Doesn't look too great when Ingle whiffs on one of Anglin's fastballs in the 1st inning.

Does anyone know why French may not be behind the dish?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure why, but it ain't working.

Mar 25, 2022, 12:35 PM

Leadoff double by Pitt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Ingle instead of French at Catcher Game 1

Mar 25, 2022, 12:35 PM

User Logo
tiger901
Trainer [41]
TigerPulse: 100%
Mar 25, 2022, 12:33 PM

Interesting that Ingle is getting the start Game 1 with Anglin on the mound. French has caught all of Anglin's previous game this year. Very strange decision by CML. Usually the starting pitcher, especially the ace, has some say in who is battery mate is. Doesn't look too great when Ingle whiffs on one of Anglin's fastballs in the 1st inning.

Does anyone know why French may not be behind the dish?

my guess is that is the way monte wanted it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ingle instead of French at Catcher Game 1

Mar 25, 2022, 12:43 PM

Strange decision...hopefully this is Anglin's decision and not Monte's because things are going poorly here early

Not sure of the why but so far ingle has thrown out two

Mar 25, 2022, 1:11 PM

Batters that French probably doesn’t. French is an asset with the bat not so much with his defense.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure of the why but so far ingle has thrown out two

Mar 25, 2022, 1:15 PM

Ingle looked good on those throws. Don't want to know what the score would be without him gunning those guys down.

I do think French is a better receiver of the ball than Ingle. I don't have any inside knowledge, but I just hope this was Anglin's decision rather than Monte's. Because Anglin doesn't look comfortable at all out there.

Mar 25, 2022, 1:19 PM

Anglin is Clemson's Friday night starter, but he does not have the status to be able to pick his catcher above who the coaches think is the best player for the position.

That type of treatment is reserved for guys who have earned it in a big way.

This is not to disrespect Anglin, but that isn't something that many college pitchers have the freedom to do.

Mar 25, 2022, 1:29 PM

Usually you wouldn't want to make this kind of change on your Friday guy. And it doesn't change anything offensively since French is at DH.

My point is I think this a senseless Monte decision doing more harm than good.

Mar 25, 2022, 1:32 PM

Based on the difference in the skills of Ingle and French I would say the decision was made because Pitt likes to try to steal bases.

Ingle throws much better than French.

I find it interesting that you suggest Monte made a senseless change when most posters on here suggest that Monte refuses to make changes to the lineup even when they are needed.

Mar 25, 2022, 1:41 PM

At some point, you have to make due with the guys you have. Obviously when things aren't going well there are going to be calls from fans to mix up the lineup, take guys out, etc. I actually think we probably have our best nine out there night in and night out, they just aren't coached well enough and therefore aren't in a position to succeed.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic