Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In my view Dabo’s plan to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

In my view Dabo’s plan to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage.

Dec 4, 2022, 11:45 AM

Especially after Dabo’s admission they tried to make the change during the Notre Dame game, I don’t think Dabo ever intended to bring in Cade for merely a series or two.

By holding this bluff thru the first couple of series of the game itself, It nullified any DJ game planning North Carolina had performed on him ensuring Cade would enter as an unknown quantity.

That’s smart coaching.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In my view Dabo’s plan was to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage.

Dec 4, 2022, 11:47 AM

Wish he has done this a week earlier though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also have it on good authority that Rick Barnes

Dec 4, 2022, 11:48 AM

Fooled around with coeds so he could get the Texas gig and that Tommy West threw games because he loved Memphis so much.

Everyone really is playing chess around us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I also have it on good authority that Rick Barnes

Dec 4, 2022, 11:50 AM

Agreed. This was a stroke of brilliance. Dabo was playing 3D chess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2022, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I also have it on good authority that Rick Barnes ]

4D Chess!!

Dec 4, 2022, 11:51 AM

Thank you. I forgot about the dimension of time.

Re: In my view Dabo’s plan was to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage.

Dec 4, 2022, 11:52 AM

Would you have put serious money on Cade coming in

Dec 4, 2022, 11:54 AM

in the first half with the game still well within reach?

You are a better gambler than me if so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you have put serious money on Cade coming in

Dec 4, 2022, 11:57 AM

Exactly. That’s why it was such a master stroke.

Re: Would you have put serious money on Cade coming in

Dec 4, 2022, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Would you have put serious money on Cade coming in ]

Fair enough.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:08 PM

Note to self, never engage T3 in sports wagers.

Dec 4, 2022, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: In my view Dabo’s plan was to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage. ]

Well, it fooled the vast majority of our more vocal TNet members.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:00 PM

Do you think we intentionally lost to USC in order to give Mack a false sense of security?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In my view Dabo’s plan to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:12 PM

Spot on. I got that feeling when we went 3 scores up and it was obvious Brown had challenged them all week to stop the run.

What’s your head-fake theory for the rise in prices for…

Dec 4, 2022, 12:14 PM

…Tampons?

Do you have a bulletin board in your bedroom covered in CDS news clippings?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Even though you’ve insulted me, here’s your answer.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:27 PM

The same things that have frustrated fans this season, the same what could have beens, why nots, anxious moments, etc. have frustrated me too. I just choose to express it differently.

I try not to express myself in a way that denigrates the players or coaches. That’s why I don’t pile on to the in-game Brownell hate posts, or posts that use any deficiencies of our basketball program to take shots at Judge Keller, or use the death of Ella Bresee as troll material to call out hypocrisy ala Judge Keller.

I wish we had gotten Cade in earlier, I wish a lot of things about this season, but folks, what’s done is done.

Our Tigers have a bright future. The roots of the tree are strong. Dabo talked about decades, not games or seasons. I’m excited about the future now. The past serves to teach lessons, but dwelling on it will ruin you.

I agree but NC’s defense is so bad it wasn’t necessary.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:16 PM

Cade is clearly the guy. He has the full support of his teammates and we can all turn the page now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In my view Dabo’s plan to start DJ was in fact a head fake providing tactical advantage.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:20 PM

The coachspeak gaslighting has worked well with this one.

I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale if you're interested.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2022, 2:13 PM

I’ll check back on that property in a couple of centuries.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic