Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the WR injury situation doesn't get better, thinking the offense is gonna have to go to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

If the WR injury situation doesn't get better, thinking the offense is gonna have to go to

Aug 12, 2022, 2:45 PM

Using 2 RBs & 2 TEs...gonna go old school w/ the single wing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the WR injury situation doesn't get better, thinking the offense is gonna have to go to

Aug 12, 2022, 2:53 PM

I see nothing wrong with that. No punting on 4th downs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can any of our OL line up at WR?!

Aug 12, 2022, 2:53 PM

I sure hope so...it's that serious at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the WR injury situation doesn't get better, thinking the offense is gonna have to go to

Aug 12, 2022, 3:24 PM

That might be a little too one dimensional but I'd love it!

Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2022, 3:27 PM

Using 2 RBs & 2 TEs...gonna go old school w/ the single wing

I think you have mistakenly categorized a Clemson "WR injury situation" that does not yet exist! I have just responded to another poster who seemed to be overly concerned about a "WR injury situation." Here was my response:

"...While it is initially alarming whenever i hear or see a WR out, particularly based on last year, I think you all are over-reacting. Stellato's injury "could" be serious, but it just happened & nothing has been officially been reported yet on its severity. Ngata was out a couple of days as a "safety precaution", and he's already back to practice. EJ just had a back bruise that needed to be drained, and should be back for the scrimmage tomorrow! Beaux's shoulder injury is not severe, and he should be back for practice before the GT game.

I'm also closely monitoring the WR injuries as they happen because last year was miserable on that front! But the only one that is "possibly' serious" thus far is Stellato, and even that is too soon to analyze since nothing official has been reported. I'm not worried--yet!..."

However, even if it becomes a "WR injury situation", I believe you have identified something I already expect our new Offensive Coordinator and our new Passing Game Coordinator to integrate into our passing game--i.e., the use of the pass-catching skills of our running backs and tight ends. However, I don't foresee it evolving into the regular use of "...2 RBs & 2 TEs..." However, maybe a trick play now & then of "...2 RBs & 2 TEs..." But I expect that to evolve, even if we don't truly have a "WR injury situation."

Aug 12, 2022, 3:31 PM

Red, your post is like a breath of fresh air.

Aug 12, 2022, 3:29 PM

Since I played TE in a single wing offense, I'd absolutely love to see it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic