Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I am repeating myself, but hate the targeting rule. Even with instant replay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 507

I know I am repeating myself, but hate the targeting rule. Even with instant replay

Oct 22, 2016, 5:05 PM

they still have trouble being constant with the call.

Wit it not targeting when Wayne Gallman was knocked out of the NC State game. The player clearly lead with the crown of his helmet into Gallmans helmet.

Either call it constantly or take the rule out of the game. Sometimes I wonder if instant replay has been that positive of an addition to the game???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rule is very clear, the refs. need to enforce it as we lost

Oct 22, 2016, 5:26 PM

two players to uncalled targeting, and it can end a players career! Kylw Parker was an outstanding college QB until speared in Auburn game, and we found out at end of year, that it cracked several of his ribs. Now, what if Gallman is never the same player? The NC coach should be held accountable, as he called for "taking out the TB" and was proud his players did it! Both those uncalled vicious targeting fouls turned the game into the opponents favor. Without it or even if enforced, I really think we would have won by several more tds. The same guy who targeted and should have been thrown out of game went on and caused a couple of those fumbles!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I am repeating myself, but hate the targeting rule. Even with instant replay

Oct 22, 2016, 5:28 PM

Yes, player safety is far less important than consistent enforcement of the rule.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i am definitely for players safety that's why IMO the refs to call be more consistent

Oct 22, 2016, 7:08 PM

by calling actual targeting plays as penelties. Many of the ones they call is not true targeting.
The play on Wayne Gallman by NC State is the very definition of targeting.

Why was it not called? Instant replay refs should be held more accountable for obvious missed calls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 507
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic