Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know Auburn is in SEC & Clemson in ACC...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I know Auburn is in SEC & Clemson in ACC...

Jan 25, 2022, 8:12 AM

But Auburn and Clemson are comparable in bkball history.

Auburn has been to a Final Four and two Elite Eights, but Clemson has been to more NCAATs by about two or three.

If Auburn can win, Clemson can in basketball and don't have to cheat either.

Hopefully the administration and athletic department will sees this in the near future...

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know Auburn is in SEC & Clemson in ACC...

Jan 20, 2020, 3:41 PM

Hiring Pearl is the same as hiring Calipari. There’s no pretending you aren’t committing violations and your soul is stained for life if you hire him. But you tell yourself he’s not really doing anything too bad that other schools don’t do. You tell yourself it’s worth it because you are Top 15 regularly but there’s a reason he has teams ranked up there: he knows who to go to and what it takes to sign guys that make the big difference. He’s willing to do anything, including selling out his assistant coach and letting him go to prison while Pearl and Auburn fans enjoy the fruits of his labor. Pearl even committed the unpardonable sin of completely stonewalling his own Administration to keep from being investigated. He rightly calculated that the heat would die down in time and the fans would forget as long as they had a good team. No thanks.

With all that Pearl has done....Does anyone really care?

Jan 25, 2022, 8:47 AM

Look at Louisville, Kansas, Auburn, no one really cares. Duke's pay for play, giving jobs to parents of players. UNC's academic fraud (which I would argue that is 10x worse anything that the others have done)... nothing. Yes, it was bad for 1 or 2 new cycles. Poof, gone.

As bad as their violations were/are, no one cares. The media doesn't care.

The NCAA doesn't or there would have been Death Penalties given out.

When March Madness is here, no one cares and brackets and $ start going, no one cares.

Re: With all that Pearl has done....Does anyone really care?

Jan 25, 2022, 9:06 AM

Duke and UNC do elite cheating.
We got busted back in the 1970’s trying that, and never recovered.
We just have to play by the rules and keep changing average coaches.
That is our Basketball legacy, like it or not.
Focus on Football, Soccer, Golf, and Baseball for championships!
Keep changing Basketball coaches, and try to find an elite coach! Worked for Dabo and Danny Ford!

Don’t cheat.
Most cheaters never win championship, except in Basketball!!!

Auburn was just hit with another round of NCAA sanctions...

Jan 25, 2022, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I know Auburn is in SEC & Clemson in ACC... ]

and as a result, suspended Bruce Pearl for two or three games. In addition, Auburn basketball was placed on probation for four years. However, since Auburn self-imposed a postseason ban last season in advance of the NCAA's ruling, the NCAA is honoring that penalty as part of its punishment so there will be no additional post-season ban.

Auburn insists that Pearl was not directly involved in the most recent run-in with the NCAA. Instead, Auburn and Pearl threw an assistant coach, Chuck Person, under the bus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Here's the link...

Jan 25, 2022, 8:57 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/auburn-basketball-sanctions-bruce-pearl-suspension-probation-among-punishments-in-ncaa-infractions-case/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jan 25, 2022, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I know Auburn is in SEC & Clemson in ACC... ]

Wasn't Pearl terminated at Tennessee in his previous stint as a head coach? Seems like it may have occurred during a basketball season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2022, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I know Auburn is in SEC & Clemson in ACC... ]

Wasn't Pearl terminated at Tennessee in his previous stint as a head coach? Seems like it may have occurred during a basketball season.

Jan 25, 2022, 10:29 AM

Yes. Fired at Tenn.

Jan 25, 2022, 8:27 AM

“If Auburn can win, Clemson can in basketball and don't have to cheat either. “

If you wanna do it without cheating then you need to find a different comparison; Auburn is absolutely cheating. They have a former assistant coach that literally went to jail, and this is Bruce Pearl’s first coaching job after coming off of a 3 year show cause. The Auburn leadership doesn’t care how they win they’ll do it at any cost. If that’s how you want us to do it then fine; just don’t think that Auburn provides a template to do it above board.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2022, 8:41 AM

nctigs said:

But Auburn and Clemson are comparable in bkball history.

Auburn has been to a Final Four and two Elite Eights, but Clemson has been to more NCAATs by about two or three.

If Auburn can win, Clemson can in basketball and don't have to cheat either.

Hopefully the administration and athletic department will sees this in the near future...

Go Tigers!

Yeah, 100 years of history be ###*med. Clemson can get all of those elite players who look like they are NBA ready to come and play for Clemson if only we can find the right coach.

You sir should put down the pipe as it is not working for you.

The Clemson athletic department admin don't care about

Jan 25, 2022, 9:00 AM

winning big in basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jan 25, 2022, 9:03 AM

Their defeatist mentality seems to be similar to some on this board. Since we've never been particularly good in hoops, at least not on a consistent basis, we should just accept our lot in life and learn to live with the fact that mediocrity is our ceiling.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 25, 2022, 9:51 AM

Maybe but we have never had a Chuck Barkley. Winning in basketball is much harder than football and is a fleeting thing.

anything is possible***

Jan 25, 2022, 9:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 25, 2022, 10:11 AM

Auburn is about the most crooked school NOT to get some sort of death penalty.

Pearl is so toxic he refuse to cooperate with the pantless NCAA for the PREVIOUS coaches bribery issues.

Jan 25, 2022, 10:27 AM

Whenever some schools decide they are going to take over a sport then they will do it. Bruce Pearl was hired to take Auburn to the top in BB because Alabama had decided to do the same thing. Pearl is a crook and works the system to get NBA talent coming. NC and Duke boosters competed in BB when not many carried much about the sport and the were corrupt in buying players. They both new the other was being corrupt but would not tell on the other for fear they would be told on. The SEC has decided to move into the BB arena so they will become the top teams. Clemson can do better than we do continuing to be honest. In my opinion and I know you will want to fry me for this but we need an African American BB coach who can sell ice to an Eskimo to bring in better talent. Hopefully he can coach as well as Brad but Hopi he will be a better motivator than Brad.

I agree completely...

Jan 25, 2022, 10:47 AM

its just a matter of getting the right coach at the right time. Auburn lucked into getting Pearl as he got fired at UT and most didn't want any part of him bc of NCAA violations (although what he did at UT compared to what others do pales in comparison...he mainly got screwed).

AU was willing to take a chance and it definitely bit them in the butt with NCAA issues, but do they really care? I dont think the do. Same with Will Wade and LSU....the mentality is as long as football is good then basketball is just playing with house money. Basketball is expendable to them and they are taking the bad with the good.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic