Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I did not realize that Bakichs
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,151

I did not realize that Bakichs

May 14, 2024, 12:10 PM

Baseball team had won 8 consecutive ACC road series before getting swept by Wake Forest. At least that’s what local news is reporting.

I think we’ll be focused in the postseason. Sure it was disappointing getting swept by WF, especially being run ruled in game 3, but they are a good team with a high degree of motivation for this home series of theirs.

Their preseason #1 ranking indicates they have the talent despite their record. I think we can have some hope for a deep run.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did not realize that Bakichs

May 14, 2024, 1:37 PM

Yep. They got talent. Probably underperformed first of season. But not many teams will match their pitchers.

But we need to brush up our AB approach.

Re: I did not realize that Bakichs

May 14, 2024, 1:52 PM

Amen. Take care of business against BC and don't go O-fer in the ACCT and we should still clinch a national seed. We should be regional host at this point regardless of what happens.

I believe this team at least gets to a Super and if we are at home for that we've got a decent shot too. I think our pitching is going to trend back in the right direction come postseason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah i didn't see many weaknesses on Wake's team. Did they have early season

May 14, 2024, 2:24 PM

injuries or something?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah i didn't see many weaknesses on Wake's team. Did they have early season

May 14, 2024, 4:12 PM

According to Baseball America, they were missing a key player (All-American) earlier in the season, a key pitcher, and a reliever all due to injury. That probably played a key role. Plus, they lost some key players due to graduation or other reasons, then portaled in others. It may have taken a while to gel together.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/can-wake-forest-turn-things-around-despite-early-struggles/

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,151
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic