Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN's lingering question for Clemson
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,501

ESPN's lingering question for Clemson

May 8, 2024, 10:20 AM

ESPN continued its offseason series for its college football Top 25 with the lingering question for Clemson:

Is the secondary elite?

A year ago, Clemson's defense was among the best in the country, led in large part by an elite secondary that just saw one of its corners -- Nate Wiggins-- selected in the first round of the NFL draft. Gone, too, are safety Andrew Mukuba (transferred to Texas), safety Jalyn Phillips and corner Sheridan Jones. Yet, there is certainly a case to be made that the new faces have a higher ceiling.

Junior Jeadyn Lukus was a five-star recruit when he arrived, and he has gotten snippets of playing time in each of the past two years, though he'll be battling sophomore Shelton Lewis for playing time. Sophomore Avieon Terrell -- the younger brother of former Clemson standout A.J. Terrell -- should step seamlessly into a starting corner role, which he held for parts of last season. And returners R.J. Mickens and Khalil Barnes have flashed impressive potential. The question comes from a limited number of snaps, but the ceiling for the group certainly looks high.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40058771/college-football-top-25-lingering-questions-2024

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the headline should be "Lingering questions for ESPN"

May 8, 2024, 12:02 PM

https://www.tvrev.com/news/espn-questions-strategic-partner-sports-mlb-nfl-nba

https://www.thestreet.com/sports/bob-iger-response-espn-future-strategic-partner

Re: ESPN's lingering question for Clemson

May 8, 2024, 12:03 PM

Lost a lot of talent and experience especially Nate, but the young guys played well last year and Mickens coming back is huge. Thanks for sharing Brandon!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They Can't Say They Didn't See Those Big Flashes Of It Against UNC***

May 8, 2024, 12:06 PM

May 8, 2024, 12:24 PM

I’m less concerned about our D .. hopefully our offense returns to form where we can run and pass (catch) ..

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 12:35 PM

Oh please. Our lingering question is QB. Drop TL on this team and we are suddenly back to being top 3. Until we have someone who can play at an elite or near elite level at the most important position then our secondary questions will be mostly irrelevant.

just give the ball to phil the thrill

May 8, 2024, 2:43 PM

i hope the new o-line coach pays off!

Re: just give the ball to phil the thrill

May 8, 2024, 4:15 PM

I hope so as well. I know they were split in the spring game, but they did not look good.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,501
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic