Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN article on Shaka Smart now at Marquette...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

ESPN article on Shaka Smart now at Marquette...

Oct 22, 2021, 8:39 AM

Includes quotes from Oliver Purnell what Shaka delt with at Texas and now in the Big East.
Think Shaka will do really well there since he is from Wisconsin. I think Clemson transfer O-Max will really have an great impact there. Had a very good performance in the U19 World Games this summer for Canada. I hated to lose him with his potential. Hope we land 4 star top 70 recruit Ven-Allen Lubin to make up for losing O-Max. He is just as athletic and maybe more ready basketball skills as O-Max at the same stage.
Clemson could see Marquette in the other side of the bracket at the Charleston Classic in November. Here is the write-up:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32445640/going-try-go-shaka-smart-ready-win-again-marquette%3fplatform=amp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope OP isn't giving advice on how to win

Oct 22, 2021, 8:51 AM

at a once powerhouse in the Big East ??

Re: Hope OP isn't giving advice on how to win

Oct 22, 2021, 9:52 AM

OP was grinding it away at DePaul, he was slow getting his recruiting root in Chi land. That being said, I watched him a few times (Lived in DC went to Georgetown games - wife was staff so freebies) and you could tell he just did not have the athletes. Still went from Deadlast to the bottom of mid-table before he resigned. I think it was just to much work there. I think his last season accounted for nearly as many wins since he left. Yikes. I never thought there was a place harder to win at than Clemson but DePaul is it.

It was fun going to DePaul games in Clemson gear - gave him a few thumbs up.

DePaul you would think would be a player

Oct 22, 2021, 1:26 PM

every year with their recruiting grounds. Dang Loyola made a Final Four out of Chicago. I know the AAU is crooked as all get out up there, but still.

I think he looked better without hair***

Oct 29, 2021, 7:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN article on Shaka Smart now at Marquette...

Oct 29, 2021, 7:35 PM

The real question is why OMax would leave Clemson - where he should have had a huge role seeing as Almost no inside presence - to go to Marquette? Did he ever publicly state why he left?
I still don’t understand why Clemson cannot recruit and develop inside players. Simply relying on rentals has not worked.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN article on Shaka Smart now at Marquette...

Oct 29, 2021, 8:49 PM

He left because once Goins the main assistant who recruited him left to join Earl Grant at BC he wanted to leave because he wasn't as comfortable. didnt make any since at the time but now players can transfer and not sit out it is very easy. I'm pretty sure if he had to sit out he wouldn't have left.

Shaka

Oct 29, 2021, 7:42 PM

Is one of the good guys

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic