Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Employee expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Employee expectations

Feb 7, 2023, 2:36 PM

A manager hires a new employee. The manager may not know much about the new hire, but a salary is agreed upon and off to work they go. Usually, after a year, the manager will review the employee's work and agree on another contract if he is pleased with the results of that first year. Granted, the expectations in that first year are hard to quantify with a new employee. As time passes, the employee may garner a higher salary and longer term of employment with the company. With a boost in salary and perhaps more responsibilities, expectations become higher. This is how a business operates. This is how employers conduct business with their employees.

The situation if no different with Coach Brownell. In his first year as head coach, it was hard to quantify the expectations for his team. As seasons passed, he was rewarded with longer contracts and higher salaries, so expectations have increased.

Judge Keller and others may ask if CBB has passed expectations with a 1st place record in the ACC midway through the season. After year 13 of CBB's employment, that question should not even be asked at this point in the season. That question needs to be asked after the season is complete. Why? Because expectations are higher after 12 years at the helm. Expectations for CBB after 12 seasons as head coach should be at a minimum making the Big Dance and even getting as far as the Sweet Sixteen.

I think the CBB fans are harping on the Tiger's first place position now because they can sense the season slipping away. I hope the team finishes strong, has a great ACC tournament, and then wins a few games in the NCAA tournament. High expectations, but it's a business.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Employee expectations

Feb 7, 2023, 2:42 PM

When the silent majority (folks who don't post often) begin to express opinions, it means Tiger Nation is very happy or very unhappy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Anyone got the Cliffs notes version***

Feb 7, 2023, 3:35 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Employee expectations

Feb 7, 2023, 3:42 PM

Sounds like you had a contractor and not necessarily an employee year 1 in your scenario.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic